Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use the Pixel 5 with the OEM wireless charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Topic, does it work reliably? I don't have much experience with wireless chargers, but I tried to use PopSocket's PopPower wireless charger and I couldn't get the charger to work reliably due to alignment issues. For anyone with the Pixel 5, is it simple enough to drop it on the pad and have it "just work" or does it take some fiddling with to get it to not stop?

I'm considering upgrading my 2018 Model 3's USB-A ports to USB-C (Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?), but only want to order the Tesla wireless charger and "phone dock bar" (?) if it works well.

Thank you

Not answering your question directly but thought this might be helpful:

I don't have the OEM wireless charger but I have the Jeda V2 and the coil is a little higher than where my Pixel 5 will sit against the base, but I'm able to get it to charge if I place the phone a little higher (5mm?). Once it starts charging it'll continue to work even if the phone slides down and rests on the base again.

• Helpful
Reactions: EvanVanVan
Topic, does it work reliably? I don't have much experience with wireless chargers, but I tried to use PopSocket's PopPower wireless charger and I couldn't get the charger to work reliably due to alignment issues. For anyone with the Pixel 5, is it simple enough to drop it on the pad and have it "just work" or does it take some fiddling with to get it to not stop?

I'm considering upgrading my 2018 Model 3's USB-A ports to USB-C (Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?), but only want to order the Tesla wireless charger and "phone dock bar" (?) if it works well.

Thank you
When I took delivery of my 2020 M3P in Sept 2020, the first thing I did was upgrade my Pixel 2 to the new Pixel 5. Wireless charging works perfectly in my 2020 MP3.