Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Used Electrify America CHAdeMO with Adapter Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, have a trip coming up and one stop seems fine to use CHAdeMO. Have the Tesla adapter and have used with EVGo chargers in past.

Anyone used the adapter with the newer Electrify America CHAdeMO & CCS combo stations yet? Think they limit them to 50kWh but thats fine.

Bump.

I’m curious about this too and wonder if anyone had tried their CHAdeMO with an Electrify America charger over the Thanksgiving holiday. I see no reason why it wouldn’t work (at the 50kw charge level I think?), but would like confirmation...for the day when Electrify might be a great way to augment the Supercharger network.

I don't know about that particular charger, but I tried using a Fuji charger with a Chademo connector from the store who has the charger in front. Twice I couldn't get it to work. One other time I couldn't get on to try because a Nissan was parked in the spot. They were still charging, but with only 10 minutes to go I waited. They didn't return to remove the car so I couldn't try.

The store says some Teslas work with that combination of charger and adapter and some don't. I don't have anyone else to contact (no number on the charger) so it's a dead issue for me. I'm not paying $500 for an adapter that might or might not work.