Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone used MICHELIN PRIMACY TOUR A/S Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about 20k with the OEM MICHELIN Primacy MXM4 tires and really low on thread left so need to change the tires soon. Any one has any experience with MICHELIN PRIMACY TOUR A/S Tires, especially with efficiency, ride comfort, noise, etc.? I don't mind having a summer tire but looking for some longer life, good efficiency and ride comfort, please share your experience any other tires too.

I just put these on my 3P, along with swapping the 20” stock wheels for 18” TSS.

I wish I had done it far sooner. The tires are much quieter, and ride much softer. The suspension is also vastly improved, but much of that could be shedding the rotational mass. (Tesla’s suspension “engineers”, or the designers who over rode them really need a slap)

Given the increase in the sidewall/going to a “comfort” tire, there is a bit of uncertainty in the suspension, but I have always felt there was uncertainty in my Tesla (I find it far more unnerving at speed than Vipers/Porsches/BMWs and MBs. Feels about like taking a WRX fast. Can be done, but there’s a definite sense of over-working the car)

IOW, if I still lived in the desert, and regularly drove over 105, I’d be nervous in them, in my car, but I think that’s really the suspension.

No issues doing the usual 85-90 in traffic. (TX has 85 mph speed limits)

We had them installed on our 2018 rwd m3 for about a month now. So far we can't really tell a difference between them and the mxm. They might be a tad quieter but ita very hard to tell. Comfort feels about the same too.

We put 47k mi on the factory mxm4 with a ave wh/mi of 230.

Now with the tour a/s at 2500 miles we have a ave wh/mi of 245.

My daily commute is 50mi one way almost all freeway.

• Informative
Reactions: Thunder7ga