Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone used the Cobram VIC RACV Chargefox Supercharger recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, there is cables there
So I just called in there yesterday to test it out, turns out the supplied cables (Type 2 from Jetcharge) both won't work with my Model 3, I originally thought it was the charger and the car reports that the charging equipment is not ready but I then tried my new cable I got from EVSE and it worked straight away. A guy from the RACV came and chatted to me as he said that I was the first one to actually use it successfully and I mentioned the cables they had for some reason didn't work.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the Jetcharge cables but they seemed to be fine and couldn't understand why they wouldn't work. Either way my cable did, I updated the Plugshare details with the 2 x Type 2 ports, I was able to get 32a single phase from it so 7.5kW, hung about for an hour just to test it out and watch an episode on Netflix then moved on.

So I just called in there yesterday to test it out, turns out the supplied cables (Type 2 from Jetcharge) both won't work with my Model 3, I originally thought it was the charger and the car reports that the charging equipment is not ready but I then tried my new cable I got from EVSE and it worked straight away. A guy from the RACV came and chatted to me as he said that I was the first one to actually use it successfully and I mentioned the cables they had for some reason didn't work.

I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the Jetcharge cables but they seemed to be fine and couldn't understand why they wouldn't work. Either way my cable did, I updated the Plugshare details with the 2 x Type 2 ports, I was able to get 32a single phase from it so 7.5kW, hung about for an hour just to test it out and watch an episode on Netflix then moved on.
Can you please share the link for EVSE cables ? I am going to cobram soon. So planning a trip ahead with essentials. TIA