Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone used the Northampton service centre yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the thread title, has anyone had a service appointment at the Riverside, Northampton centre? I don't think it's been open very long. My M3P is in there in a couple of weeks to fix an annoying notification about a rear safety belt error. Just wondering how it went if anyone's been in there.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Yep - had a towbar fitted to my Model Y and the PPF film replaced about three weeks ago - think they had only been open a week at that point.

All very friendly and accommodating, work was done without issue but it was all very quiet.

There is a Costa 10 mins walk away and a few shops, I camped in the Costa to work for the two hours the car was in. They did offer to let me use their lounge but the seats didn't look overly comfortable for working off a laptop.

Highly rated and will be even better when the superchargers are in.

Service at Riverside, Northampton all went well (needed a new rear seat belt pretensioner) but just something to note for anyone not familiar with procedure. The SC set a "temporary" PIN to drive, which replaced the one I had set myself. The text from Tesla said that it would reset as soon as I drove away. However, it didn't, so this afternoon I reset it myself. Just worth knowing.

Reactions: Daedalus
Service at Riverside, Northampton all went well (needed a new rear seat belt pretensioner) but just something to note for anyone not familiar with procedure. The SC set a "temporary" PIN to drive, which replaced the one I had set myself. The text from Tesla said that it would reset as soon as I drove away. However, it didn't, so this afternoon I reset it myself. Just worth knowing.

Happened to me last week at Winchester Service Centre - after windscreen replacement they put their own PIN "blackmail" on my car and said they'd tell me what it was when I paid the invoice. Paid them and they sent me the PIN they'd set.
Got home, turned Pin2Drive off and on and off but the new PIN had stuck.
Had to Google for the trick to reset the PIN (go through 'forgotten' PIN on the PINpad screen doh!)

Reactions: Daedalus