TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone used these wheels? Rial Lugano OE Cap

Discussion in 'Model S' started by byan1232, Feb 16, 2017.

1. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Hey guys!

Was wondering if anyone has tried wheels like these? https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=90D&initialPartNumber=LU85932TR720BS&i1_Qty=4&wheelMake=Rial&wheelModel=Lugano+OE+Cap&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&showRear=no&packageFlow=false

The main reason I want to get them is because they look similar to the cyclone wheels. Just the ones sold by Tesla are way to expensive... $6000 for a set.

2. croman

croman Active Member

Yes, I have them on right now. They look great but they are 8.5 wide, so they stick out a bit more than Tesla's OEM 8s. I have Michelin X-Ice3s on them. The Tesla centercap matches well.

3. byan1232

byan1232 Member

@croman What do you mean by they stick out a bit more than Teslas? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with automotive parts. Could you perhaps take a picture of what you are referring to?

4. sabertooth

sabertooth Member

Yes i have installed the 19' Grey ones and they look great. I used the tires and TPMS from old wheels and ordered new Grey center caps ( i had silver Slipstream wheels before) from Tesla which fit perfectly.

5. byan1232

byan1232 Member

Perfect, I'm glad these work. I really like the look of the cyclone and these are the cheapest alternative.

I doubt it but I was wondering do these impact range at all? Also does the service center do the switch for me or how do I install them?

Thanks in advanced guys!

6. sabertooth

sabertooth Member

The range impact is negligible if you just installing 19' wheels. No, service center will not do it. You can take them to any tire replacement location, they can do it for you. Do shop around as each place quote different price
    I took mine to a local firestone and they charged me around $130 to move the tires and tpms from existing wheels to the new wheels and install them