Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using a QuickJack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering purchase a QuickJack to lift my Model Y for tire rotation and brake jobs. It will pull double duty for my GF's 328i for oil changes, brake jobs, and rotation. Has anyone on this forum purchased one? If so, what model did you buy and are you happy with it? I'm leaning toward the 7000TLX since I believe the 6000 ELX will be too long for the Y's wheelbase. 7000TLX

While I do not have one, I have read only good things. I just jacked up my scion today, all four wheels off the ground and onto stands. It was a pain as I had to lift the back then the front then the back and then the front because the car is so low. A quickjack would have been very nice. I'd just get the smallest one that will reach the jacking points.

If you have the extra budget, consider a lift from Stratus Equipment. I replaced my quickjacks with a Stratus 7000E. stratusautoequipment. I park my car on top of it, its always ready to use, and it lifts the car way higher.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0316.jpeg
IMG_0068.jpeg
IMG_0844.JPG

Last edited:
Owned one of their earliest models (3500?). Delivery was a nightmare and I sent the first unit back. The capacity was not adequate for my car (BMW Z4 MCoupe, 3350 lbs). I loved it until the seals failed on one side and dropped my car, spewing hydraulic fluid all over the floor. I hope they've improved their quality since then. Make sure you have vertical clearance and the horizontal dimensions match your jacking points, and over-buy on capacity since they apparently don't overbuild.

The 6000ELX designed for EVs is now available on sale at Home Depot, I grabbed wall hangers and pinch weld adapters also (Subies and Hondas seasonal tire swaps), still below MSRP of main item even with taxes and shipping.

Oh boy, that $340 partial front Ebay Scotchguard PPF install will look super clean and my back will be saved, can you believe they wanted $3000 at the installer? Winter wheel swaps on our five cars will be a breeze.

Here is the setup tutorial, also helps understand the system better:

Just two things to do a bit differently:

1. STP AW-32 hydraulic oil, stays fluid at lower temps than the 46, and unlike automatic tranny fluid they recommend is free of ingredients
that could cause corrosion in a hydraulic system.

2. Loctite 545 hydraulic thread locker. Multiple users had leaks with the plumber's tape, this solved the problem.

A potentially catastrophic mistake for your car is not unlocking both sides before lowering, and failing to directly observe car from front/back while
lowering. I am putting a sticker on the remote to remind me, watch at 9:30 as he explains how he xxxxed up:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yonki
I pulled the trigger and finally ordered some. Costco sale. I only need the 5000 and wanted to operate them sideways anyways. Just the way my garage is setup. Max on the 5000 is 60" and outside to outside of my jack pads sideways is 57", just perfect. And the lower 3" height is nice. I can also put them together and use it for my V8 trike. I'll just add the caster wheels to them so they roll easier. If your mechanic enough that you need quickjacks your probably capable of adding the wheels to them. (No offense, just pointing that out).

Did the same. Home Depot had the 6000ELX on sale + 18 mo. 0% offer for Fathers' Day. I figure $100 a month is a great deal as I love to tinker with cars all day long (brakes, suspension and etc). It will also give me better setup for when I detail my cars . Don't have to squat on the floor to polish the bottom half of the car.

Well, crap, My quickjack seems to be having issues from day 1. Everything bleed just fine, very easy. They go up evenly and come down nicely even with no weight. Only went to the first lock a few times with no weight. THEN....I went to lift my 4250lb car. Nope, just when one tire starts to lift it cant do any more. Pump runs but sounds like it cavitates. Its like I got the 3500lb pump with my 5000 system. What a failure. Haven't decided if I call for support and deal.with all the bs troubleshooting that I shouldn't have to do. Or just return it and use my jacks again. Another option is to return it and get the 7000tl. I really wanted this to work. Suck a bummer.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Well, crap, My quickjack seems to be having issues from day 1. Everything bleed just fine, very easy. They go up evenly and come down nicely even with no weight. Only went to the first lock a few times with no weight. THEN....I went to lift my 4250lb car. Nope, just when one tire starts to lift it cant do any more. Pump runs but sounds like it cavitates. Its like I got the 3500lb pump with my 5000 system. What a failure. Haven't decided if I call for support and deal.with all the bs troubleshooting that I shouldn't have to do. Or just return it and use my jacks again. Another option is to return it and get the 7000tl. I really wanted this to work. Suck a bummer.
Sounds like air in the lines or bad pump. I would definitely call them, moving these around is quite a hassle.

Sounds like air in the lines or bad pump. I would definitely call them, moving these around is quite a hassle.
I agree, I'm going to try to bleed the system again and see if it has more air in it. I think something in the pump is wrong and its sucking air into the system. So many videos I've watched of this system and not one has done this ( that I've found, yet). Worst case costco has a great return policy. I'll try to get a video of the issue.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Positive update!
I found a video from quickjack about priming the pump. Its also in the manual but the video is better. Never did see or feel air as I followed the procedure but it worked. Blead the jacks again to make sure. Got everything hooked back up and it lifted as it should. Pump sounds better too.

I also made cut some 2x6 wood pieces that sit tightly in the recessed areas of the quickjacks. Much easier to line up and only 1/8" taller than the quickjack frames.
Cworks great with standard jack pucks and cears my Maxton side skirts just fine.
I'll get some pictures up in a bit.

Did the same. Home Depot had the 6000ELX on sale + 18 mo. 0% offer for Fathers' Day. I figure $100 a month is a great deal as I love to tinker with cars all day long (brakes, suspension and etc). It will also give me better setup for when I detail my cars . Don't have to squat on the floor to polish the bottom half of the car.
Did you get yours? The bxxtards never shipped it then a week after delivery date and repetitive calls finally admitted supplier ran out of stock and agreed to refund me. The email stated "We received your return today". Typical Home Depot / Lowes crap, from now on as much Costco and Abt as possible if shopping online. I placed an order on QuickJack, with the $70 residential and $90 liftgate surcharges but free shipping (basically a play on words), I am tired of dealing with unscrupulous middlemen.

Last edited:
Did you get yours? The bxxtards never shipped it then a week after delivery date and repetitive calls finally admitted supplier ran out of stock and agreed to refund me. The email stated "We received your return today". Typical Home Depot / Lowes crap, from now on as much Costco and Abt as possible if shopping online. I placed an order on QuickJack, with the $70 residential and $90 liftgate surcharges but free shipping (basically a play on words), I am tired of dealing with unscrupulous middlemen.
Mine is taking a while to be delivered as well. It's on the delivery truck and making its way to me as we speak. The latest tracking says I should have them no later than Monday next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.