Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using Hulu? Keep getting error code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to watch Hulu and every time I try to load a video I get an error code P-dev313. Anyone else having that issue?
Yes. I have had this issue for several weeks/months and have been very frustrated. I think I finally figured out why. The Hulu account that I have includes LIVE TV. I have discovered that LIVE TV is only meant for a single household. It's like having a cable subscription. In this subscription type, you only get 4 times to reset your home location before it times out. I had to set up another $5.99 subscription to Hulu under a different email account. This new account does not have LIVE TV included. Then, I signed into my Tesla using the new subscription...and, VIOLA!

I was able to log in on data by loading the app through the browser on my family’s 3. But, I ran into P-DEV313. I logged out, and tried signing in through wifi. Ever since, I’ve been getting the blocked error.

I think, every time you load hulu.com, you get a random login state. Every time you log in, you get a random app state. If you get lucky, both are working, and you can watch stuff.
There is a work-around for logging in and Hulu saying your account is blocked. This works for me everytime. Choose "sign-up for a new subscription" (or something to that effect) at the bottom of the screen after getting blocked, choose any package deal, then it will ask for your information, beginning with your email address. Use the email address you have your established account on. You'll get an error in small red text right under the email input field that reads something like "This email account already exists. Click here to login." Click the red text and attempt to login again. It will work this time. But as far as steaming anything...I still haven't been successful. I've tried hot spotting, on my WiFi from home, data, nothing works...it streams a show for like 2 seconds, and then drops error P-DEV313 on me. Hope this gets figured out.

I have tried all the methods you guys mentioned pretty much and still getting the DEV302 issue.

Things I have tried:
Two scroll wheels reboot
Turn off vehicle from Security menu
Switching Profile
Logged into different accounts, including one that was created inside the vehicle

I seriously think this is Hulu's issue, as I have experienced similar issue from using Windows 10 App before, and it took month to get it resolved.

Well, I get the same error when watching on TV at home, but only on one show - Only Murders in the Building. I've watched other shows in the car and at home with no issues, so it's definitely an issue at Hulu's end. I haven't pursued with them.

Same error here. Vin200xxx. Car delivered with a malfunctioning modem. Car would stay on 3G in an LTE area (or have no service at all). So that might be the problem.

But I think there is a comm error between Tesla and Hulu servers. When I open the Hulu live guide, it is 3 hours off from my eastern time zone. It will display local live 5pm news as a 2pm guide listing. Really weird. This evidences some sort of hand shake problem.

Waiting for the new board.

I was finally able to fix this on my home TV's - so maybe this might apply to the car as well (although I've been able to watch fine on the car). I logged out and signed in again - apparently whomever was signed in on Hulu didn't have the right account. Once I signed back in using my credentials, everything was fine. I get Hulu for "free" through premium Spotify subscription so I suspect that's the only sign-in that will work. Was finally able to watch OMITB without streaming it from my iPad!