Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using 'Recurrent'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be similiar to what TeslaFi does, albeit maybe with less detail.

1649445113209.png

Can't argue Recurrent's free price though. I wonder how it works with other manufacturers that don't allow API access. Data from the manufacturer's apps is pretty limited, and I know Ford's guess-o-meter fluctuates based on previous driving history, not a number that is solely related to the car itself. You could see "battery degradation" in the winter if that is the only metric used.

• Informative
Reactions: JimmyB
I have been using recurrent for a while now and haven't had any issues. The data is pretty consistent for my car so each month it looks close to the same as the previous month but its cool to see and its free. So since its free i know they are selling the data somehow but IDGAF since its just distances and charge point data.
What is funny is the graph that says how my car compared to other cars battery health, mine has always been in the white above the green trend line and this month it was in the upper 80% of the green line but the car is still reporting the same 235 miles which i find rather odd.

Saw a mention by @Gray468 in this thread of 'Recurrent'. Appears to be a new-ish service that provides free battery health reports. Doesn't appear to be particularly detailed, and perhaps it's just another way to monetize our data. Nonetheless I'm curious. Anyone else using it?
Saw a mention by @Gray468 in this thread of 'Recurrent'. Appears to be a new-ish service that provides free battery health reports. Doesn't appear to be particularly detailed, and perhaps it's just another way to monetize our data. Nonetheless I'm curious. Anyone else using it?
I was concerned about giving them my Tesla account information. Weren’t you afraid that “someone “ would do something improper with your account?

Some used car sales sites are listing the recurrent battery life as part of their car report. Which is a great thing to have/use. Since most dealers don't know/care to list what the current battery life is in terms of 80% or 100% charge / miles data.

I think they are filling a needed niche in the used car sales market as well as a resource for potential used car buyers. From what I see, they only need a few screen shots to determine the state of the battery. I assume it's basing it off of all the other data that's already gathered.

Some used car sales sites are listing the recurrent battery life as part of their car report. Which is a great thing to have/use. Since most dealers don't know/care to list what the current battery life is in terms of 80% or 100% charge / miles data.

I think they are filling a needed niche in the used car sales market as well as a resource for potential used car buyers. From what I see, they only need a few screen shots to determine the state of the battery. I assume it's basing it off of all the other data that's already gathered.
I’ve had their reports for 3 years now. Some good information

Good for a dealer, pointless for an individual. If you’re really concerned you can enter service mode and do a battery health test in the car for free and will be more accurate.

Reactions: JimmyB