Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using the 20" non-foam tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
I have the induction wheels (mistake) with the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tires. Tire rack sells the non-foam version for almost $80 less per tire. I was looking for people who have switched between those two and their experience. Also thinking the Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 and interested in those.

I went from the stock Continentals on my Model Y (with foam) to Michelin AS 4 (without foam) and didn't notice a difference. In our Model 3 we recently went from the stock Michelin Primacy MXM4 (with foam) to the Michelin AS 4 (without foam) and didn't notice a difference.

I wouldn't base your decision on the foam at all.

Reactions: spokey
I went from the stock Continentals on my Model Y (with foam) to Michelin AS 4 (without foam) and didn't notice a difference. In our Model 3 we recently went from the stock Michelin Primacy MXM4 (with foam) to the Michelin AS 4 (without foam) and didn't notice a difference.

I wouldn't base your decision on the foam at all.

That is kind of what I was hoping. Seems like no one thinks the foam is doing much. If anything. Good to hear given it's kind of noisy as it is.

Reactions: iamnid
I have the induction wheels (mistake) with the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tires. Tire rack sells the non-foam version for almost $80 less per tire. I was looking for people who have switched between those two and their experience. Also thinking the Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 and interested in those.
Just out of curiosity (since I just took delivery of a MYLR with the Inductions), why do you feel it was a mistake?

A
Just out of curiosity (since I just took delivery of a MYLR with the Inductions), why do you feel it was a mistake?
Supposedly the ride is harsher. I believe that but can't honestly say it is true. The range is a bit shorter. Minor drawbacks for me. BUT I could have saved the $2,000 by getting the gemini wheels and gotten TSportline wheels for that money. The TSP wheels look almost identical and I would have an extra set of wheels for snows if I wanted that. Not the biggest problem in the world but if I knew then what I know now, I think that would have been a better choice.

- - - edit - - -
2,260.00 for these TSV 19" Tesla Model Y Wheel (Set of 4)

I have Falken Azenis on 20 forged wheels that I bought, they are louder than the stock 18's that came with the car, I don't have 20's with foam to compare them to.

The real difference is the 20 compared to the 18, if you are already running 20's, the difference is going to be minimal, I said this in another thread, the falkens are 85% a PS4S and half the price.