Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone using the pixel 4xl and Jeda Wirless Charging Pad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally caved and got the Jeda. I also have the 4XL. Using the Google case that is fabric like. Have no issues on both sides and horizontally.
Sounds like mine is just defective then :( Although, how can it be defective and charge other phones ok? I have switch to the taptes and have no issues other than I like the jeda layout better (can't fit my phone vertically with the taptes, but it fits with the case in the jeda. Of course not being able to charge is a bigger problem with my jedda.

You guys are waiting more than 5 minutes when testing right? Might would charge a few percent and then drop.

I wonder if something USB related in the car itself might be different?

I just got the Jeda Wireless Pad and have the exact same problem with my Pixel 4XL. Your description is spot on. Were you ever able to get a refund from Jeda? They aren't answering my email.
I ended up disputing payment, refund still says provisional but I haven't heard anything back from jeda. Currently using the taptes charger instead. Once the provisional credit becomes an official credit I can toss the jeda.

Don't believe the Jeda hype when it comes to its charging speeds and compatibility with the Pixel 4. The fastest I ever got was close to 3 watts. I tried two different socket chargers, battery banks, desktop and wall chargers but no such luck. I was concerned I had a defective unit so I contacted them and they were responsive for about two emails and after they had me do some troubleshooting they went ghost. I haven't heard from them since and I've contacted them on a daily basis and even submitted a new request on their website. Its unfortunate because their USB Hub is awesome but after this experience I wont be giving them any more of my heard earned money.

I also bought the Nomad to test the charging speed with my Pixel 4 and it does charge it slightly faster but not fast enough to charge it to full while in use, it'll keep it charged at about the same level you start with. After doing a bit of research (I wished I would of done this before hand), I found out that although the Pixel 4 is not restricted like the Pixel 3 was regarding 3rd party wireless pads it does require a charging pad to support Extended Power Profile or EPP for short.

According to the Wireless Power Consortium, neither the Jeda, Nomad, or Tesla pad support EPP. Although, according to the consortium a new Tesla pad that supports EPP will be coming soon.

Don't believe the Jeda hype when it comes to its charging speeds and compatibility with the Pixel 4. The fastest I ever got was close to 3 watts. I tried two different socket chargers, battery banks, desktop and wall chargers but no such luck. I was concerned I had a defective unit so I contacted them and they were responsive for about two emails and after they had me do some troubleshooting they went ghost. I haven't heard from them since and I've contacted them on a daily basis and even submitted a new request on their website. Its unfortunate because their USB Hub is awesome but after this experience I wont be giving them any more of my heard earned money.

I also bought the Nomad to test the charging speed with my Pixel 4 and it does charge it slightly faster but not fast enough to charge it to full while in use, it'll keep it charged at about the same level you start with. After doing a bit of research (I wished I would of done this before hand), I found out that although the Pixel 4 is not restricted like the Pixel 3 was regarding 3rd party wireless pads it does require a charging pad to support Extended Power Profile or EPP for short.

According to the Wireless Power Consortium, neither the Jeda, Nomad, or Tesla pad support EPP. Although, according to the consortium a new Tesla pad that supports EPP will be coming soon.
I replaced my Jeda with the taptes, it's slow and my phone i(a thin case) does not fit vertically, but horizontally it works fine and it does not stop charging like the jeda junk. I think I can safely throw my Jeda out now as I have heard nothing since disputing the payment.

do any of these wireless pads allow a USB-C connection from the 12v? i've already routed an iphone and USB-C connector to the front and still use the cable method. while it can be kind of a pain to use, they still seem more reliable than any of the pads out there.