Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone valet parked in Santa Fe, NM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering a stay at The Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe, NM. They have two Tesla HPWC's apparently (!), but getting a charge requires valet parking. I've never valet'd my Model S, swore I'd never do it. But if I want to make the trip in my Tesla, I have to.

Any experiences with this location? If not, would anyone recommend I insist on accompanying the valet when parking the car?

Hmm you sure about that? I know the Inn of Five Graces in Santa Fe has two HPWCs, and the Four Seasons Resort at Rancho Encantado (a little north out in the boonies near Santa Fe) has two HPWCs, but I've never known Loretto to have 'em. They're not on the nav map in the car.

As for valet parking, they insist on it at Loretto which is why when I have meetings there I park on the street :-/

Yes, I called the Inn at Loretto and they have two HPWC's. The Four Seasons wanted waaaaay too much to book a room ($500 - $2,500) so I'll stay at the Loretto. The HPWCs for the Loretto are on Plugshare. Thanks, however, for the tip about the Inn of the Five Graces - it looks nice and just what I'll use on another trip...more reasons to visit New Mexico!

EDIT: Holy Crap! The Inn of the Five Graces features Tesla Charging on their Amenities page! The Loretto doesn't show it at all. What a nice place and dedication from the Five Graces. I certainly hope it benefits them with bookings...

Last edited:
I hate using a valet, even with an old beater, but sometimes there's no choice. One time, I was at a wedding, and the valet had the peg board with the keys sitting over a sewer grate. "How stupid," I thought to myself. Guess whose key disappeared into the abyss? This was about 30 years ago, when keys were small and flat, and I kept a spare in my wallet, fortunately.

I've valet'd my Tesla once - at Caesars Place in LV (NV, not NM :) ) Was no problem at all.

I hate using a valet, even with an old beater, but sometimes there's no choice. One time, I was at a wedding, and the valet had the peg board with the keys sitting over a sewer grate. "How stupid," I thought to myself. Guess whose key disappeared into the abyss? This was about 30 years ago, when keys were small and flat, and I kept a spare in my wallet, fortunately.

I've valet'd my Tesla once - at Caesars Place in LV (NV, not NM :) ) Was no problem at all.
That is the craziest story I've ever heard!