Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone VBOX a P3D on 19.8.3 yet? man it feels faster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes it is, here's the data to prove it. It's not a large effect but it's absolutely there
We’re starting to split hairs here because those runs are all very close below 45mph. That test seems like it had some methodology challenges to be able to discern that kind of difference though. You’ve likely seen this yt video from MPP. It’s much more controlled and shows the overlaping power at different SOCs below about 45 mph.

Either way, the difference in power is significant above 45mph not below.

YzwChjM_d.jpg

Reactions: ggnykk
How do you feel about Dragy vs Vbox?
Both produce reasonably good numbers, but they're each for completely different use cases. Racelogic's products are geared toward actual data logging and performance tracking purposes. Dragy, on the other hand, is more of a fun social app/device than it is a diagnostic tool, it doesn't give users the depth of information that a vbox can, but it does seem to be similarly accurate for what it does do and it's not particularly expensive.

Both produce reasonably good numbers, but they're each for completely different use cases. Racelogic's products are geared toward actual data logging and performance tracking purposes. Dragy, on the other hand, is more of a fun social app/device than it is a diagnostic tool, it doesn't give users the depth of information that a vbox can, but it does seem to be similarly accurate for what it does do and it's not particularly expensive.

As long as people use an aftermarket GPS, it should be fine. Dragy sells that 10hz per sec (10 refreshes per sec) GPS while VBox uses (20 refreshes per sec). In theory, dragy should be fine to .1 sec while vbox can do .05 sec. It's way better than using the speed sensor as the Model 3 speedo reads about 1mph faster than it should anyway.

The dot in the regenerating side means the battery is too cold. Dots on the power side means the battery is too hot to give maximum power.

Also, 0-60 power is the same regardless of SOC. It’s only effected in higher speeds so I’m told. I may be wrong.

You can also get dots on the left from cold and also low SOC.

0-60 is still affected by SOC (obvious at 10 or 15% and below where you'll see dots on the left, but also somewhat above that too).

Posted this in another thread, but attaching a before/after P3D dyno plot thanks to English Racing on FB.

Power is identical until peak around 45mph where it's ~3% higher. The gap then widens to an average of maybe 5-7% more than before at higher rpms. My 0-60 run below (3.16sec) coincides with this as it's only 0.02 seconds faster than previously ran, likely due to the only difference being 12-15hp more power from 45-60mph.
43B3A7C6-63A0-43BE-97AD-AC8B0F4FB65F.jpeg
IMG_6613.PNG

Posted this in another thread, but attaching a before/after P3D dyno plot thanks to English Racing on FB.

Power is identical until peak around 45mph where it's ~3% higher. The gap then widens to an average of maybe 5-7% more than before at higher rpms. My 0-60 run below (3.16sec) coincides with this as it's only 0.02 seconds faster than previously ran, likely due to the only difference being 12-15hp more power from 45-60mph.
View attachment 391081 View attachment 391082

How about quarter mile? that should so a big difference then. maybe 11.4 or 11.5

Again, this is pre-update, at about 90% state of charge, battery warmed up, ~72°F ambient temp, 18" Aero wheels with stock MXM4 tires:
0-60 with 1' rollout: 3.21 seconds
0-60 without rollout: 3.39 seconds
60-80: 2.03 seconds

I posted the 0-60 screenshots on Twitter: Alex Venz on Twitter
Alright, finally some numbers with the 2019.8.3 update with the same vehicle configuration as last time and a ~68°F ambient temp:
0-60 with 1' rollout: 3.11 seconds
0-60 without rollout: 3.28 seconds
60-80: 2.00 seconds (The best I've gotten so far on v2019.8.3 was 1.99 seconds, but that was on a different run with a slightly slower 0-60. The car generally runs this test at 2.00-2.05 seconds before & after the update, so I'm not counting this as a real improvement.)

Like last time, screenshots are on Twitter: Alex Venz on Twitter

It's weird that the car did about 0.02 seconds better than before at each step of the run in 10mph breakout that Dragy provides--suggests a more even boost than some are seeing?

All times recorded with the Dragy GPS unit.

Reactions: TANGO SUKKA
Alright, finally some numbers with the 2019.8.3 update with the same vehicle configuration as last time and a ~68°F ambient temp:
60-80: 2.00 seconds (The best I've gotten so far on v2019.8.3 was 1.99 seconds, but that was on a different run with a slightly slower 0-60. The car generally runs this test at 2.00-2.05 seconds before & after the update, so I'm not counting this as a real improvement.)

It's weird that the car did about 0.02 seconds better than before at each step of the run in 10mph breakout that Dragy provides--suggests a more even boost than some are seeing?

nice.. im sure someone would be able to bust a 3.09

Upgraded this afternoon. Have just over 10k miles on the car. Seat of the pants, feels like it launches harder. When I floored it from a dead stop I noticed the the forward upper part of the factory all weather mat on the passenger side had flopped backward and was laying flat folded back on itself. That has never happened to me before and I'm not shy about unleashing the car when circumstances allow!

C506A652-5701-4AF8-AD1B-6C116EFE6C25.jpg

Upgraded this afternoon. Have just over 10k miles on the car. Seat of the pants, feels like it launches harder. When I floored it from a dead stop I noticed the the forward upper part of the factory all weather mat on the passenger side had flopped backward and was laying flat folded back on itself. That has never happened to me before and I'm not shy about unleashing the car when circumstances allow!

View attachment 394272

This happens all the time... And not because I drive like a maniac... It's actually annoying. I'm thinking of putting some Velcro to stick it back to the carpet on the floor

I think you are a fortunate guy! 11/100ths improvement is much better than most, and you had a great time to begin with. I only got 4/100ths improvement no-rollout time of 3.42s -> 3.38s