TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone want my place in line?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by th-austin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. th-austin

th-austin New Member

I paid the $1000 deposit for the Tesla Model 3 on the first day of pre-orders, and I recently received an email saying "Your Model 3 is Ready to Order".

I am no longer planning to buy a Tesla Model 3.

I'm not looking to make a profit, but I would like to get my $1000 back.

If anyone would like to take my spot in line, please contact me.

I'm in Austin, Texas (if that's relevant).

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to do this practically, please post here as I assume there are others in the same boat.

Thanks!

2. SamT

SamT Member

You can just cancel your reservation and get your $1000 back from Tesla, much easier that way, you don't have to deal with the trouble of ordering and paying for the car.

3. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Curious... Are you a Nigerian prince?

• Funny x 7
  4. trace

trace Member

To build on what Sam is saying: There's no way to transfer reservations (without begging) and you would have to end up buying the car, taking delivery, and selling the car to the new owner. All of which is risky and painstaking and it may be best to just cancel and get your $1,000 directly from Tesla.

5. kev1n

kev1n Active Member

there are ways to transfer but takes effort. you might be better off getting a refund unless you have a friend/family member that really wants it

6. sperkin

sperkin Member

You can transfer. It's when you configure it's when you can't. When you're invited, you can enter anyone's name as the registered owner.

After you go down that path in entering the registered owners name, sending insurance, and driver's license then you can't change it. As long as the registered owner on the account and the name on the loan matches then you're fine.

7. chelass

chelass New Member

Hello, I will be interested taking over your reservation. Please let me know how to contact.

8. th-austin

th-austin New Member

I didn't realize it was so easy to cancel via the Tesla website and get the $1000 back. Thank you.

PS, @jimmyjohn I hope this convinces you I am not a Nigerian prince ;)

• Like x 1