Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone want to swap roofs? Interesting service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just gone to pick up my 70 plate for its first service appointment to fix some paint issue and a misaligned roof. Looking through the report it seems they changed the roof and windscreen for some reason... But now guess what I have?

Apparently it's the new part...

IMG_20201202_081502.jpg

My first thought was old part, but they are insisting this is the newest part... Even though all the brand new cars in the parking area don't have this!

I'm not sure I like it, and especially don't seeing as it doesn't match the rear roof panel now!

When drying and a bit more light out when I got home, yes the roof was no longer orange!

I have asked them to put the correct part back in :)

There's two versions of the roof glass on the EPC, for what it's worth. It's unclear what the difference is, but I presume there is a difference.

M3 FIXED GLASS ROOF ASSEMBLY
1086927-98-D Over-the-Counter(No VIN) $0.00 1

M3 FIXED GLASS ROOF ASSEMBLY
1487150-00-C Over-the-Counter(No VIN) $0.00 1

This roof certainly looked good when the Model 3 was launched but that was all of the roof. It does look a bit odd being only 1 panel. You could always ask them to match the rear glass to that panel replaced. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get the rainbow roof. As with other things the cheaper version was introduced after we had been seduced. :confused: