Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wants to trade their 6-seater with my 7-seater?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's a long shot, but I'm considering trading my 7-seater Model X75D (white interior/white exterior, purchased in September 2017, EAP) with a 6-seater. Got this Model X for my wife's birthday, but she likes captain chairs a lot more than the second row bench, plus white interior is not very practical with the 3 kids we have. Happy to talk about condition and $$$ with anyone who is interested.

I'm located in SF Bay Area but traveling to Los Angeles frequently.

Ask me anything!

I know it's a long shot, but I'm considering trading my 7-seater Model X75D (white interior/white exterior, purchased in September 2017, EAP) with a 6-seater. Got this Model X for my wife's birthday, but she likes captain chairs a lot more than the second row bench, plus white interior is not very practical with the 3 kids we have. Happy to talk about condition and $$$ with anyone who is interested.

Ask me anything!
sorry, not willing to trade, but FWIW . . . The white seats clean up extremely well. I have 2 kids (3.5 yo and 3 mos) and a 70 lbs dog. It doesn't matter what they throw at it . . . a quick wipe and it's good as new.

What size battery and old or new seats? I'm not interested in a trade, but my husband and I travel a lot with our kids so we're thinking about moving up to one with a larger battery. We have the old style 7 seater. I don't think I could go to the new style. We had one as a loaner once, and it was impractical for the kids getting in and out of the rear seats. They always forget to put the seats back, and I like being able to do that from the front.

Ask me anything!

Def test a 6 seater some. I have it and like it overall but have observed:

1. I have white, it is great, holds up very well - better than leather. Wipes clean, almost anything it seems doesn't stain it (grease, etc.).

2. The 6 has motorized seats, worries me a bit as they are something else to break. They creak at times, and mine just started squeaking even (will have SC fix that) when they start moving.

3. The 6 doesn't fold and it is kinda nice, until you want to move something like a TV or something big. That last foot or so is key with most items since the back is curved a bit.

4. The 6 seater is kinda just the back seats with middle removed, leaving the 2 seats left more narrow than true comfy captain chairs. There is no armrest and they are kind of skinny I get told.

Def test a 6 seater some. I have it and like it overall but have observed:

1. I have white, it is great, holds up very well - better than leather. Wipes clean, almost anything it seems doesn't stain it (grease, etc.).

2. The 6 has motorized seats, worries me a bit as they are something else to break. They creak at times, and mine just started squeaking even (will have SC fix that) when they start moving.

3. The 6 doesn't fold and it is kinda nice, until you want to move something like a TV or something big. That last foot or so is key with most items since the back is curved a bit.

4. The 6 seater is kinda just the back seats with middle removed, leaving the 2 seats left more narrow than true comfy captain chairs. There is no armrest and they are kind of skinny I get told.
On point number 4 then what is the difference between the 6 seater and the 7 seater? The 7 seater does not have the arm rest as well and if its the same seats then the same comfort level? Or am I missing something here? Thanks.

47E1B079-CDC3-4F51-A621-0EE767A5D0BE.jpeg

That's exactly what I thought when I sat in them in the showroom. The side bolsters are way too thin and should have been like the fronts in this configuration. For me the only advantage of the 6-seater is easier access to the third row. The second row seats don't feel any more comfortable than the bench seats.

On point number 4 then what is the difference between the 6 seater and the 7 seater? The 7 seater does not have the arm rest as well and if its the same seats then the same comfort level? Or am I missing something here? Thanks.

I think the comfort level is the same, but when cornering there is nowhere on the 6 seater to brace yourself when leaning toward the inside On the 7-seater you simply put your hand on the centre seat. The optional centre console on the 6-seater solves this issue, but it's an ugly piece and doesn't hold very much stuff despite its external size (looks like it ought to have a fridge inside!). Also the drinks holders are redundant unless you really need 4 of them in the centre row!

Reactions: Leftysmasher
This is where forums can be mis-leading and it's best to speak to Tesla directly if you have a good OA. I do, and he confirmed that Tesla changed the bolstering recently wherein the bolstering in the 2nd row matches the seats in the front for the 6 seater. Another reason to also consider buying new Tesla's (as long as the Fed Tax Credit is alive) as they keep making incremental changes/improvements to their cars that are many times not even known to the folks in the SC until they get their hands on the cars.

I think the comfort level is the same, but when cornering there is nowhere on the 6 seater to brace yourself when leaning toward the inside On the 7-seater you simply put your hand on the centre seat. The optional centre console on the 6-seater solves this issue, but it's an ugly piece and doesn't hold very much stuff despite its external size (looks like it ought to have a fridge inside!). Also the drinks holders are redundant unless you really need 4 of them in the centre row!
The drink holders on the center console are much better than the drink holders that pop out of front console. Also the center console makes the x a lot less van like. I get compliments on it all the time.

This is where forums can be mis-leading and it's best to speak to Tesla directly if you have a good OA. I do, and he confirmed that Tesla changed the bolstering recently wherein the bolstering in the 2nd row matches the seats in the front for the 6 seater. Another reason to also consider buying new Tesla's (as long as the Fed Tax Credit is alive) as they keep making incremental changes/improvements to their cars that are many times not even known to the folks in the SC until they get their hands on the cars.

Good move if they have. They still look much thinner on the configurator though? I would want to see it for myself in real life.

The drink holders on the center console are much better than the drink holders that pop out of front console. Also the center console makes the x a lot less van like. I get compliments on it all the time.

Glad you like it, but I think they could have made it much more functional than they did. It's a huge box with very little actual storage space. Maybe folding arm rests would have been a more subtle solution?