TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone who changed order by email see the change in their account?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Birdman325, Sep 3, 2018.

?

Change to order placed by email

1. Yes- my account has been updated

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No - my account has not been updated

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

For those of you who may have made a change to your order (black to white interior, Aero to Sport, colour change etc) by email and not online through the edit button or through the backdoor edit, has anyone seen that change reflected in their on line account? And if so, how long did it take?

2. m3guy

m3guy Member

No. But I requested on phone that I want to cancel my trade-in request. They updated it immediatetly.

3. SION1771

SION1771 Member

Does having a trade-in change priority at all?

4. m3guy

m3guy Member

I m not sure but when I spoke with him and requested for trade-in cancellation I do also asked him about the estimate when do I recieving a VIN number. The guy told me that I already have VIN and my car is actually in delivery center waiting for delivery. I said that was quick because I dont see any VIN on my profile.

So I am suppose to get my car this week and he is going call me today for exact date of delivery.

Fingers crossed...

5. Benihect

Benihect Member

Few threads on this same topic already.

My recommendation do the web backdoor edit link to make your changes. While I haven’t taken delivery I can confirm it works. I have vin and scheduled delivery.

The email change was submitted by my on August 1st. I want to say I waited 20 days before changing online using the backdoor link.

6. NovaSean

NovaSean New Member

What is web back Door link?

• Like x 1
  7. SION1771

SION1771 Member

To answer my own question, no, it doesn't matter. It's a different process altogether unrelated to deliver fulfillment.

8. iamblinkin

iamblinkin Member

Just want to update! Initially reservation was 12/25/17, ordered/configured AWD 6/29/18. Never had update to account and changed order to P3D- via email on 8/7/18. Today, 9/12/18, after numerous phone calls over the past few weeks, my account finally changed and I received an email stating as much. My current estimated delivery date is "by late September" which at this point I'm not sure I quite expect? Who knows! I'm just ecstatic to have the actual car I wanted on my reservation - and they honored the previous paint prices from when I placed so my pearl white is 1500 rather than 2000. Should have free supercharging/premium connectivity also included. Anyway, it does get changed eventually!