Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone who owned or currently owns a Third Gen Mazda 3 Hatch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ill be trading in a 2015 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatchback... pretty much loaded.

Curious if there are any Model Y owners who currently own a 3rd Gen Mazda 3 HB as a secondary vehicle, or came from a 3rd Gen Mazda 3 Hatch

How does the size of the Model Y compare? I know it's bigger, but my brain has a hard time visualizing just how much bigger it is than the Mazda 3. Just curious if I'm going to be able to fit this thing in the garage next to the other vehicle (2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack)

Anyone have any pics of a Mazda 3 hatch next to a Y?
11110966_10205327193411968_2908982407027923246_n.jpg

I had a Mazda 3 hatchback. It was pre-2015 though and I don't have it as a second vehicle to give you a comparison like you're looking for. I'll give you this for perspective though...

I have a two and a half car garage andhad a Honda Odyssey, which is very roomy, 3 full rows, tons of room etc, which I traded in for a Model S. The model S is the same length and width as the minivan was! The difference was the height. The minivan or the S would barely, if at all, fit in the garage with another vehicle unless it was something small like a two door Honda civic. I never tired because that fit would render the garage unusable.

The model Y is about an inch or two smaller width wise and taller than the S so it may fit, but barely. I'm not sure if it would fit with your other vehicle.

Do you have a Tesla store near you? You can overnight test drive it and test it out yourself. Here is a side by side. I only park one vehicle in my garage so I didn't have a pic of both in the garage

20210130_173023.jpg

Model Y is 5 inches wider and 11inches longer.

I had a 2016 Mazda3 hatch. It's tiny compared to the Y. I can fit my 3 and Y in the garage, just have to be a little more precise in parking. It depends how much extra space you have next to the boat...I mean charger :).

Model Y is 5 inches wider and 11inches longer.

I had a 2016 Mazda3 hatch. It's tiny compared to the Y. I can fit my 3 and Y in the garage, just have to be a little more precise in parking. It depends how much extra space you have next to the boat...I mean charger :).
Heh. The Challenger is only a tenth of an inch wider than a Y. I’m gonna have to do some clean up and reorganize the garage a bit to comfortably park both.