Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone who plans to lease should read this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have always criticized the lease for the model S. I always made one exception though: demo P90Ds.

Well it turned out that demo P90Ds got even cheaper to lease with the 24 month deal.

Why is the deal much better? Well that's because when leasing the residual value is based off MSRP. So when you get the car for a $30k discount (20 pc off) like you do on a demo (pre facelift) P90ds, the cost of leasing goes down by an order of magnitude higher than the sale price. Leasing BMWs is a very popular thing to do.

I don't want to spend $1k on a car every month so this is not for me. But I thought hey.. For those who are about to lease their model S and are not planning to keep it.. Well they may want to consider that instead. The car is a demo but who cares? It's covered by warranty.. And it's a lease. Because I mean paying $850 a month for a $140k MSRP car over $700 for a $75k MSRP car..?

Another point is this could be much easier to swap the lease if needed.

There are some cars left, but I suspect tesla employees will pick up some of them. They know all include ludicrous and the payment has jumped by $100. I believe $800 to $900 a month.

Please check out this thread:
Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease