Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a (car) Dealers License take delivery of a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
or Model S?

I have two M3 deposits (it seemed the 1st one did not go though).
Also for unrelated business reasons I now have a Florida Car Dealer License...

Wondering how/if Tesla will let me take possession of the M3 with out paying sales tax or registering it by using my dealer license.

or Model S?

I have two M3 deposits (it seemed the 1st one did not go though).
Also for unrelated business reasons I now have a Florida Car Dealer License...

Wondering how/if Tesla will let me take possession of the M3 with out paying sales tax or registering it by using my dealer license.
Other than potential legal issues it doesn’t seem like avoiding sales tax would be better than missing the federal tax credit. Wouldn’t think a dealer is eligible for it with the presumption the car is for sale...but I don’t know.

Other than potential legal issues it doesn’t seem like avoiding sales tax would be better than missing the federal tax credit. Wouldn’t think a dealer is eligible for it with the presumption the car is for sale...but I don’t know.

This. I don't think there's any way you can get get the tax credit without paying sales tax, maybe this would work in a no sales tax state like NH or DE but I doubt its possible in FL.

Presumably you have a resale certificate to accompany your car dealer license. I highly doubt that Tesla would sell anyone a vehicle who is in possession of a resale certificate.

I have not read the fine print of the purchase contract. Perhaps there is clarifying language in that contract.

Forgot to mention. If anything ill keep one of the Models 3, the other i wont keep.

So talking about the one i wont keep. Never mind the tax credit. Will Tesla let me take possession with my dealers license... and then sell it?

Forgot to mention. If anything ill keep one of the Models 3, the other i wont keep.

So talking about the one i wont keep. Never mind the tax credit. Will Tesla let me take possession with my dealers license... and then sell it?
That would be a question for Tesla, I'd be surprised if they let you though since they do not use the dealer model.

Doubtful. If you read your purchase agreement I believe it expressly forbids reselling the car.
IIRC, that was only for the early sales to employees to avoid flipping and profiteering. Sales to private citizens do not have that clause, although a sale to a dealer is a different story if they even sell it that way.

How are people flipping the cars, as used cars?
Yes, they are also "selling" their spots in line. Although, I don't think there is as much of a premium on that any more.

Can I give my spot to my god father (I could get documentation from the church showing he is my godfather)
As far I know Tesla has only allowed very few transfers, and then only to direct family members. What others have done though is go through the entire process and add the other person to the registration and all the purchase paperwork. There are number of posts on it, search for transferring reservation.