Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a crystal ball...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk basically telegraphed price reductions on the S/X line last earnings call in the name of passing efficiency’s on to the consumer. Seems to me EAP could become a standard feature pretty quickly especially given the poor reviews on the latest enhancements. You’ll care less about how it works if it’s “complimentary” in the price of the vehicle.

I really can't see EAP being offered as a complimentary feature. Since all Teslas already come with the necessary hardware package to run autopilot even if you didn't pay for it, some part of the revenue will help recuperate that cost but I think most of it goes to fund research development to achieve the goal of FSD. Without that, there is no reason for Tesla to push software updates to continue to improve their cars. I do agree that the rate of the autopilot improvement has been rather poor and Tesla needs to pick up the pace or risk the customers not paying for the feature and lose the autonomous race to other competitors.

I would agree that the odds of them putting EAP in complimentary are very low. Better to lower the overall cost of the car slightly and make you pay for EAP. Gives them 2 things, 1 most will spend the extra, and 2 they can report to WallStreet how many people are buying EAP, etc.

Ok, my prediction...

Tesla will not decrease the price and the base Model S will remain close go $74k. However, it will either put a bigger battery or include PUP or EAP on the base model. They need to show that Model S is an expensive option because its better.

Reactions: Smiesguy
I'm ordering a S75D in one week. (I have a referral). The wife and I agreed to see what the new FY brings about from Tesla.

I'm literally biting my nails here, and with the S75 going away...timing is perfect for a change (but I think it's 50/50 the price could go up or down).

I'm ordering a S75D in one week. (I have a referral). The wife and I agreed to see what the new FY brings about from Tesla.

I'm literally biting my nails here, and with the S75 going away...timing is perfect for a change (but I think it's 50/50 the price could go up or down).
The base price of Model S can go up but I would by really surprise if the price of 75D go up, larger price gap between Model 3 and Model S won’t make any good for Tesla.

Prices won’t go up even if they made the 75d standard. Just look at the yty numbers and you’ll see that the model s is down 16-17% in overall car sales.

Tesla won’t increase the price without increasing battery size or range.

S75D =74,500
X75D = 79,500

For 5000 more you get FWD, auto close door, more space etc. Therefore, in order for Tesla to increase the price they would have to to introduce more features. The trend so far is more added features that cost less.

Let history be your guide. When the S75 goes away the 75D will either drop in price ~$3k to soften the blow or magically become an “85D” at the same price. I’m about 50/50 on which way it will go.

Maybe 60/40 toward the price reduction because raising the base car to 85kwh makes the 100 upgrade a particularly bad value proposition.