Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a problem free car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't posted too much but we had a Model X reserved September 2015. We then cancelled the order around the end of March after the Meet Model X event in Toronto. We cancelled not because we didn't like the car, we actually really did, but because of the concerns in reliability. We live far, (around 250km) from the closest service center and the problems people seemed to have with those early cars were overwhelming. I would guess many of them have been worked out...? Have people with recent build cars had many issues. The squeaks and rattles are acceptable, its more of the large problems that I am worried about. Any input would be greatly appreciated. If there is a similar thread please feel free to delete this but I couldn't find anything similar.

Thank You

Just keep in mind that people with issues are 100x more likely to post, than those without.
That said, it is the first year of a brand new vehicle with a ton of very advanced tech in it, so there is a higher level of issues than with older, more established manufacturers.

Our X is just shy of Vin 4000. We had a slight alignment issue with the right side of the rear trunk, and the interior cover of the B pillar was slightly marred (I didn't notice it, our DS did).
Doors have worked well, although I did have one occasion where the passenger FWD wouldn't open more than about 6 inches due to an obstruction that wasn't there. It has not happened since.

I'm not sure if that helps or not, but I hope so:)

Don't wanna jinx it, but our 75D has been great so far! Doors, Windows seals all good. Slight alignment needed on the trunk lid (right side is 1/8" or less higher -barely noticeable) and similar alignment needed on the hood - also barely noticeable. Tiny squeaks in the driver seat again, nothing major. Have ghosting on the windshield but doesn't really bother me, especially if I take my glasses off - can't even see it.

All is all a happy camper. Biggest problem is going places now takes longer with all the questions and comments we get from onlookers ;)

Still figuring out how to politely cut these interactions short when I'm in a rush o_O

Haven't posted too much but we had a Model X reserved September 2015. We then cancelled the order around the end of March after the Meet Model X event in Toronto. We cancelled not because we didn't like the car, we actually really did, but because of the concerns in reliability. We live far, (around 250km) from the closest service center and the problems people seemed to have with those early cars were overwhelming. I would guess many of them have been worked out...? Have people with recent build cars had many issues. The squeaks and rattles are acceptable, its more of the large problems that I am worried about. Any input would be greatly appreciated. If there is a similar thread please feel free to delete this but I couldn't find anything similar.

Thank You

Just passed 2,000 miles knock on wood zero issues. For a few days my chargeport wouldnt completely close but it kinda fixed itself now ? haha! My windshield will be replaced when they figure out the ghosting issue. I read other posters with new builds say they have no ghosting so thats cool. Amazing car.

What do you consider problem free? All my issues are cosmetic not hardware, seals, alignment and worst of all rattles that get worse after each SC to diagnose it. From a distance the X looks fine but when inspecting it closely, you can tell the build quality could use some improvement. Hopefully they will fix it all for me

I can't say my car has been totally problem free (funky door openings at times, had to have the charger replaced because they put the wrong one in, a loose side marker, 3rd row seat swap and a dead fob), but these were all fixed or went away quickly. I do tend to try to get into why things don't work and fix them myself if I can (fob, doors) and have been lucky that we really don't have the issues that some others do/did. Ours is an early car (1526) and by all rights should have issues, but its been great.