Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with a steel grey Model S on TSportline 19" TST wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My steel grey 85D is on order and I was pondering the same things. However, I was leaning to either the silver or grey. Here are some pictures that I've found:

Brett's P85D on grey TSTs
Model S Photo Gallery - Page 46

Silver
T Sportline Pictures - Page 13

Black
http://tsportline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Steel-Grey-Matte-Black-TST-2.jpg

I wound up ordering the silver. I think the guy at Tsportline said for steel grey its about 40/40/20 for gray/black/silver, so I'm in the minority. I guess I just prefer the classic luxury look of the contrasting colors. I can always have them powdercoated a darker color if I change my mind I guess.

*Edit sorry I saw where you asked for real world. I guess only Brett's offers that. I had a hard time finding any real world of the other two.

I got the black 19" for my winter tires and am happy with them.
In my opinion the silver doesn't work at all with the gray metallic of the car and the gray TSportline rims are a little lighter than the color of the car and hence seem a little off.

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo with the black wheels on the car, so I had to put them next to the car for you to compare them to the stock 21" gray rims.
The shadows play a little trick, but I still think you get a good idea of what they look like.
Let me know if you want me to take another photo in different light.

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

I got the black 19" for my winter tires and am happy with them.
In my opinion the silver doesn't work at all with the gray metallic of the car and the gray TSportline rims are a little lighter than the color of the car and hence seem a little off.

Unfortunately, I don't have a photo with the black wheels on the car, so I had to put them next to the car for you to compare them to the stock 21" gray rims.
The shadows play a little trick, but I still think you get a good idea of what they look like.
Let me know if you want me to take another photo in different light.

i would love to see another shot or two if you get a chance. I have similar concerns that the metallic gray TSTs won't looks great with the new MS grey (Midnight Silver Metallic). I would like to do something other than standard silver, but I am not completely sold on the black look. Can you take a shot or two without the shadow and maybe from a little farther away? My other option is to keep the stock 19" Tesla wheels and powdercoat them to match the car's color. Thanks!

Can you take a shot or two without the shadow and maybe from a little farther away?

Here you go. My Tesla stock 21" match the color of the car perfectly, whereas the gray TSTs are a lighter shade of gray. That's why I got the black ones for my winter tires.
IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

@ljwobker, your silver on silver looks really good, but in my opinion the silver rims don't work for the gray Model S.

@ljwobker, your silver on silver looks really good, but in my opinion the silver rims don't work for the gray Model S.

To each his own! Personally I don't think the black works with it and I like my silver. But that's the great thing about aftermarket and choices, whatever suits your personal style.

Here is mine on the silver tsportlines (her good side...as the other side just got backed into....:rolleyes:)

IMG_20150502_133905133.jpg