TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone with AP2 hardware, paid for AP1 and did not pay for EAP?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Terthen, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Terthen

Terthen Member

I am just curious if anyone is out there who received AP2 hardware during the AP1 to AP2 transition but did not up for EAP? I had originally paid $2500 for autopilot, but when they upgraded all cars to AP2 hardware, I paid the extra $2500 for EAP. I'm just curious if anyone didn't pay for EAP and whether they've noticed anything different or if they got grandfathered in? Something tells me I should have just held off and probably got grandfathered in...

2. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

There are definitely some people who did that. Last I heard there were no differences in functionality yet.

3. polymathic

polymathic Member

Been wondering about that as well. I was in that $2500 boat, and ended up upgrading to EAP... I should have stuck to what I paid. I bet there never will be a difference. Plus, we have yet to reach full parity with AP1.

4. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

To be fair, Tesla did an amazing job hyping up HW2 (EAP and FSD). The FSD demo video in particular would have had me shouting "shut up and take my money" if I were given the opportunity.

• Like x 1