Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with CCW Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be getting a set of forged monoblock wheels in the coming months, likely 19" to replace my factory P3D+ 20's. I think the 20" cast wheels are just much too susceptible to bending and damage. I may even consider 18's, but that's less likely and a close fit with the rear brakes.

Previously I had forged SP505 CCW's on my Corvette and they were excellent quality and durability. You can spec them to exactly the offset and hub bore that you need, totally custom. (CCW Wheels - Monoblock, Two-Piece And Three-Piece Forged Wheels ) I'm thinking of going the same route for the model 3, but most likely the SP16A wheel in a gunmetal or silver finish. I'll also likely go with a square set up, 9" wide wheels, with 245/40/19 to give it a bit more width and sidewall. I briefly considered staggered with 275's out back, but I don't think it's worth the additional efficiency hit.

So the question is has anyone else on here put CCW's on their 3? If so, what did you get?

What are some other good options for forged monoblock wheels? I'm not particularly interested in flow forged, although that is a nice middle ground that I'm sure is a good bit more durable than cast.

Reactions: wallet.dat
Anyone?

Well for reference, these are the wheels I'm thinking of getting in either silver or gunmetal. I won't do polished uncoated aluminum, it's just too much work.
HO-SP16A_45.jpg

Very nice.
Is there a 19” that would compare to the forged 21” Arachnids? I have these on my Model S and will miss them when it is sold...
The car drives so nicely on there and they have held up to torture on MA roads.
Would love to have them on my pending AWD3.

Looks nice, but too rich for my blood. I am waiting for my VS Forged wheels, monoblock forged, six week lead time.

VS forged wheels look nice, I like the VS10's I think they would be #2 in line for me if something changed with CCW.
VS10-bg6.jpg

I feel like I just don't know enough about the company, the wheel durability, etc.They may be great, I just don't personally know yet. CCW's are pricey, although they have been race proven for durability for many years now. I had them for about 8 years on my Corvette and they are just top notch quality and durability. They are also 100% manufactured in the USA, also they are now owned by Weld wheels, another race proven brand. They really have a focus on durability and strength with quite a bit of onsite testing equipment as well. All those factors help me justifying paying a bit of a premium for them.

The other nice thing about CCW is each set is made to order to your specs. I'm not doing anything wild here so that's not a huge deal, but it is nice having the ability to spec offset, hub bore, etc to exactly what you want. They have a nice selection for coatings as well.

Very nice.
Is there a 19” that would compare to the forged 21” Arachnids? I have these on my Model S and will miss them when it is sold...
The car drives so nicely on there and they have held up to torture on MA roads.
Would love to have them on my pending AWD3.

These have a similar look, model SPT10, you can get them in any finish they offer. There may even be finishes available that aren't listed.

HO-T10_45.jpg

Nice!! Gotta love forged monoblock. What are the specs on those? They look to be pretty high offset. Unless it’s the convex of the face that’s throwing me off?

I went with VS forged...wasn’t looking to spend 1k/wheel and it was decent amount cheaper than TSportline’s 20” forged wheel. Also custom spec’d....which is a double edge sword...cuz I was agonizing on what final specs/finish to run lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: TORQU3
They aren't cheap but they are worth every penny. They are very strong and very well made. I ran CCW's on my Corvette for years and never an issue. These are more or less factory specs and offset just a few minor tweaks like downsized to 19". The OEM 20's leave too little sidewall for the roads around here, especially for a non forged wheel.. It's just the curve of the spokes that gives it that look. I can't wait to get them mounted on the car, they look great in person. I still have to test fit them but I'd be surprised if I had any issue. I measured everything out in detail. I've bought enough CCW wheels to custom specs in the past, I'm not too worried.

They aren't cheap but they are worth every penny. They are very strong and very well made. I ran CCW's on my Corvette for years and never an issue. These are more or less factory specs and offset just a few minor tweaks like downsized to 19". The OEM 20's leave too little sidewall for the roads around here, especially for a non forged wheel.. It's just the curve of the spokes that gives it that look. I can't wait to get them mounted on the car, they look great in person. I still have to test fit them but I'd be surprised if I had any issue. I measured everything out in detail. I've bought enough CCW wheels to custom specs in the past, I'm not too worried.

Looking forward to seeing these on your car.

Did CCW machine the wheel hub to match the P3D+?

Looking forward to seeing these on your car.

Did CCW machine the wheel hub to match the P3D+?

Yes, there is a relief for the hub lip. I didn't bother having them machine relief pockets for the retaining bolt on the disk though. That is just for assembly at the factory and I'm going to remove them anyway.

I should be able to do a test fit of the wheels without rubber this coming weekend. It may be a month or two before getting tires mounted.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I’m interested in these wheels, too. Does anybody *really* know if the retaining bolt is only for assembly purposes? While i’ve had my wheels off, and have seen the bolt, I didn’t take it more apart to see what the bolt is really doing....

I’m interested in these wheels, too. Does anybody *really* know if the retaining bolt is only for assembly purposes? While i’ve had my wheels off, and have seen the bolt, I didn’t take it more apart to see what the bolt is really doing....

I've been wrenching on cars long enough, this is just for assembly at the factory to hold the disk in place. Most cars I've seen have a machine screw and the disk countersunk so it doesn't protrude. I'd bet a pile of money on it that removal of this bolt will cause zero issues. CCW will machine a pocket in the wheels for you if you spec it, I didn't want to bother. It may or may not bump the cost up a bit more, you would have to ask.