TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone with Lloyd Luxe mats in a recent MS?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by saz25, Sep 13, 2015.

1. saz25

saz25 Member

Hi,
    Do the Luxe mats come with anchors and holes? The OEM mats doesn't.

Are they secure? Attached with velcro?

any info appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

I just installed a set. They come with two hooks. You remove the two velcro mounts that push in to holes in the floor and replace them with the hooks. i did not do that, I just installed them over the original mats and they seem to stay in place ok......it adds a little more sound proofing. I wish they would add rubber pads where your right heal wears on the carpet.

3. saz25

saz25 Member

Thanks for the reply. So do the Luxe mats have mounting holes? Where did you buy them?
    The best price I've seen is at Autoanything.com

They say about mounting
    Note: No Floor Mat Hook Attachment On Floor

4. Law&Disorder

Law&Disorder Member

I have them. They come with mounting holes and hooks for the drivers side mat. I couldn't really get the hooks to screw in so I went without. The mats are heavy enough to stay in place without any retention mechanism.

5. David29

David29 Member

6. saz25

saz25 Member

Yes I read that. The review is a little old. That's why I posted the question here based on the above note saying no floor hooks I was hoping to get info from a recent buyer.

Did anyone buy them from a place other than from evannex ?

7. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have them. I didn't use the hooks, as they don't slide around at all. The trunk mat is not the best fit, for both the main trunk and the lower area. They could have done much better. But the carpet is very nice and they have been easy to clean. I have black and am thinking of getting a beige set for the seat areas for summer driving next year. After one year I have minimal wear at the driver's heel, but it is a little noticeable. Being black it is hard to see. Beige may be a different story. They are the nicest and most plush mats that I have had.

8. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

I also have Lloyd Luxe Mats. I placed the mats in and ended up not using the hooks, they stay in place just fine.