Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with PPF have installation issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I've had MY for about 2 months now and immediately had stealth PPF installed. The company I used is very well known to do fantastic installations, but they've had to re-wrap my hatch 3 times already, with the same issue happening. The rear left and right curves are constantly stretching and running, which the installers blame on the curvature of the Y's hatch. They said the only thing that will prevent it is for them to wrap the hatch in 2 pieces. Has anyone else experienced this?? I really would rather avoid the seam, especially since there's not a place to hide it there.

Difficult to see in photos...
20200818_072406.jpg
20200818_072416.jpg
20200818_072431.jpg

83ED5A60-0149-4246-93F3-05F7A25D1239.jpeg
They’re right. Mine is cut in 2 pieces. They cut relief line that follows the edge of the spoiler all the way down the trunk lid. it looks fine because of the spoiler. My car is at service center. I can get better pics tomorrow. You can see it in this picture. Within the circled area.
A34CB78B-9ED6-4AC1-94CD-0433CC517FB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Prdmommyof3
My installer used the pattern kit of stealth wrap from Xpel and it has the relief seam at that hatch crease with the carbon spoiler it's barely noticeable. He said because of the angle the seam was the only way it could be done. I agree with the above folks that you could get the spoiler put on to help hide the seam too.

Reactions: Prdmommyof3