Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with sunrun installed tesla batteries get grid charge option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
Even though my batteries were installed by v3 electric, tesla says sunrun is the recorded co, and they do not have an agreement with PGE, so would not enable grid charging.
Anyone else have grid charging with a sunrun install?

I just called Tesla again, after talking to V3. This person said there are 2 accounts for the setups. And she said one of
mine was messed up. It was linked to the batteries, and not the gateways. These accounts even only had 1 gateway.
So she said she tried to fix, opened up a case to Tier 2, and said wait 24 hours and see if fixes. Hope this is good news.

Reactions: jboy210
There is an entire thread about grid charging and the savings/no savings associated with it. My issue is a bit different. I just had a power shut down that brough my batteries from 100% to 36%. Now we're back on the grid, so power is on, but batteries are still at 36%. It is almost 9PM here (so Off-peak), and it would be nice to keep the batteries replenished to a level that I would not be in the dark on the next power outage,

There was a major fire nearby, so powerlines are being repaired, but the grid electricity is on and off, on and off. It would just be a nice peace of mind if I could just replenish some of the batteries for the next outtage.

There was a major fire nearby, so powerlines are being repaired, but the grid electricity is on and off, on and off. It would just be a nice peace of mind if I could just replenish some of the batteries for the next outtage.
This really is a situation where Storm Watch should kick in. Unfortunately I suspect that Tesla doesn't have enough information to enable it in cases like this, even though they seem to be able to do it for Red Flag warnings. You might try tweeting at Elon to see if he helps :).

Reactions: BGbreeder