Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with US Bank as the loan holder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I picked up my MY about a month ago. The loan documents have a 9/15 first payment due. I haven't received anything from US bank. I tried to sign up online but you need an account #. I called and they said wait for the documents to arrive. Has anyone used US bank and can tell me how they got set up to make their first payment?

Thanks!

Hello!

I picked up my MY about a month ago. The loan documents have a 9/15 first payment due. I haven't received anything from US bank. I tried to sign up online but you need an account #. I called and they said wait for the documents to arrive. Has anyone used US bank and can tell me how they got set up to make their first payment?

Thanks!
Picked up Model Y on 7/25 and received a snail mail letter from US Bank on 8/10, dated 7/31. It has the account number and other loan details. This was a loan through Tesla.

US bank was terrible with my Model 3. Took over 1 month to get any paperwork. First payment was “late” because of this, I will never accept US bank financial again. Plus for automatic payments you actually have to print and mail a paper or visit a branch with your bank info.

• Informative
Reactions: stlclint
My loan is through US Bank also. I picked up my car in June and received the paperwork in the mail a few weeks later with the loan number and other info. Automatic payments was very easy to set up online. No need to mail anything or visit a branch office as someone else suggested. It’s been just as easy as I would’ve expected from any bank.

My loan is through US Bank also. I picked up my car in June and received the paperwork in the mail a few weeks later with the loan number and other info. Automatic payments was very easy to set up online. No need to mail anything or visit a branch office as someone else suggested. It’s been just as easy as I would’ve expected from any bank.
Are you a current US Bank account holder? If not automatic payments are set up with an authorization form sent it. If you already have a checking or savings with them, yes you can do it online.
edit: This was at the end of 2019, hopefully they have fixed now.

Last edited:
Are you a current US Bank account holder? If not automatic payments are set up with an authorization form sent it. If you already have a checking or savings with them, yes you can do it online.
edit: This was at the end of 2019, hopefully they have fixed now.

Not an account holder with US Bank. I had to wait for the loan paperwork in the mail before I could set up an account with them because I needed the loan number on the paperwork. Once I had that it was smooth sailing. Everything was done online and never needed to mail anything or visit a branch office.

You have to set up and do the first payment manually, even if you set up autopay.

I didn’t have to make any manual payments. I just had to link a bank account and enroll for the auto payments. Then my payment was drafted on the first due date. It will even tell you when enrolling in the auto payments when it will begin. If you do it early enough, it will draft your first payment like it did with mine.

Reactions: stlclint
My financing is with US Bank through Tesla from a mid-June MY purchase. The documents arrived via mail within a month after purchase, and the first payment wasn't due until August.

I had no problem setting up an online account with automatic payments (did not have to mail anything in), and did not have to make the first payment manually. Everything worked exactly as I expected.

yes the best way is to call them and pay the first one over the phone and yes auto pay will take another 2 months to kick in so be prepared to pay that next one too . they typically do all correspondence though the mail . I have had a lease with them since 2017 and once you get it going they are fine. you will have issues again on the completion of the loan again with loan completion or lease completion correspondence . they will send you 10 day turn around correspondence and it will arrive 19 -20 days in your mail not sure if it is them or the USPS ( maybe both) . Suggestion there is fight your way through their byzantine phone system , wait as long as you need to wait to get a person. then get them to email you confirmation as the paper work will still take 20 days, I did a lease to loan conversion ( not with them) and it took 6 months to get them to release their lien to the new bank . and that was with the other bank screaming at them

US bank was terrible with my Model 3. Took over 1 month to get any paperwork. First payment was “late” because of this, I will never accept US bank financial again. Plus for automatic payments you actually have to print and mail a paper or visit a branch with your bank info.
I had the same thing happen. I set up automatic payments, but because I didn't do it a billing cycle beforehand (I didn't have the car that early!!!) I had to pay a late fee.