Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can see both here: Chargerville
I have used Chargerville a few times but it is really difficult to get it to seek information about a non-local charger. I have reported to using VPN the couple of times I have used it. That might be due to my normal use of a Mac. Also, there is usually almost no information on the site.
So, I usually use PlugShare when I really want to see all the available options.

Hey with the new supercharger slated for Pinellas county, does this mean that a service center will also follow up there? It is a far drive from Clearwater Beach to the Service center in Brandon.
The new Rangers should be able to help out with that, I hope they work well, as they apparently did back in 2012/2013.

I have used Chargerville a few times but it is really difficult to get it to seek information about a non-local charger. I have reported to using VPN the couple of times I have used it. That might be due to my normal use of a Mac. Also, there is usually almost no information on the site.
So, I usually use PlugShare when I really want to see all the available options.
Yeah, the search only works for superchargers and destination chargers not general places so you have to move the map to see a list of chargers near a location. Is that what you're experiencing? If it knows where it is (I think all current macs) it will center there as well, and listing the nearest chargers.

It's been slow to catch on and hasn't had any PR other than a few of us mentioning it occasionally but the number of reviews seems to be slowly increasing. It is different from Plugshare in that it's focused mostly on the experience other than the charge - what is the area like, where to eat, shop, or walk, etc.

It is different from Plugshare in that it's focused mostly on the experience other than the charge - what is the area like, where to eat, shop, or walk, etc.
I've looked at that app and while it is very good at alerting people to amenities are close by to the chargers that it lists it would be a far more useful tool if it was more like plugshare and included all the chargers available.

Per the new map, it looks like FL would be adding:
  • Miami (Brickell)
  • Miami (Wynwood)
  • Aventura
  • Sunrise / Plantation (Expansion?)
  • Boca Raton
  • West Palm (Expansion?)
  • Ft. Myers
  • Sarasota
  • St Petersburg
  • Yehaw Juntion (off the turnpike)
  • Melbourne
  • Orlando
  • Almonte Springs
  • Live Oak (off I-10)

As I noted in another post (in the charging section) it looks like the dots are on the city's name, not necessarily the exact site.

• Miami (Brickell)
  • Miami (Wynwood)
  • Aventura
  • Boca Raton
  • West Palm (Expansion?)
  • Ft. Myers
  • Sarasota
  • St Petersburg
  • Melbourne
  • Orlando
  • Almonte Springs
  • Live Oak (off I-10)

As I noted in another post (in the charging section) it looks like the dots are on the city's name, not necessarily the exact site.

Great information from Tesla. Much better than the previous interactive map.

I agree that the dots must be based on the city's name. I live in Sarasota county and I would be shocked if a Supercharger Station was located and the corner of Main Street and North Washington Blvd in the City of Sarasota. However, a Supercharger Station located at UTC mall in Sarasota County would make a lot of sense since its literally right off of I-75 and has tons of space and all the amenities, including a Tesla Store.

I also agree that it makes sense for some of these locations to be expansions of existing locations. The Ft. Myers location is currently at Gulf Coast Town Center in Estero right off of I-75. It would be a great location to expand.

Larry

Reactions: ajfus
  • Miami (Brickell)
  • Miami (Wynwood)
  • Aventura
  • Boca Raton
  • West Palm (Expansion?)
  • Ft. Myers
  • Sarasota
  • St Petersburg
  • Melbourne
  • Orlando
  • Almonte Springs
  • Live Oak (off I-10)

Some thoughts:

Wynwood - Only place that actually makes sense would be the proposed parking garage at NW 3rd Ave/NW 26th St. But I'm not sure that's started construction yet. I think they probably mean Midtown (a few blocks northeast), which would make more sense to me. Also note: When using Google Maps, Midtown is included as part of Wynwood.

Fort Myers and Plantation - Seem like obvious expansions and not new locations.

Yeehaw Junction - Has to be an expansion of Fort Drum, right? Maybe they listed it as Yeehaw Junction instead of Okeechobee due to proximity.

Live Oak - Unnecessary? It would make I-10 travel a little easier by not having to detour to Lake City. Unless they actually meant Lake City expansion? Idk.

Tampa Bay - Seems like the area would be underserved even with one in St. Pete.

Yeehaw Junction - Has to be an expansion of Fort Drum, right? Maybe they listed it as Yeehaw Junction instead of Okeechobee due to proximity.

Maybe, but I doubt it since they would simply call it Fort Drum, like the others if it were an expansion. Parking is also limited at Fort Drum. There is a Yeehaw Junction Turnpike toll plaza (not a rest stop) that might accommodate a couple of Superchargers.

Yeehaw Junction.jpg

The Pilot Travel Center is also close to the Yeehaw Junction toll plaza and therefore right off of the Turnpike.

Pilot Travel Center Yeehaw Junction.jpg

Larry

Last edited:
Some thoughts:

Wynwood - Only place that actually makes sense would be the proposed parking garage at NW 3rd Ave/NW 26th St. But I'm not sure that's started construction yet. I think they probably mean Midtown (a few blocks northeast), which would make more sense to me. Also note: When using Google Maps, Midtown is included as part of Wynwood.

Fort Myers and Plantation - Seem like obvious expansions and not new locations.

Live Oak - Unnecessary? It would make I-10 travel a little easier by not having to detour to Lake City. Unless they actually meant Lake City expansion? Idk.

Tampa Bay - Seems like the area would be underserved even with one in St. Pete.
One wonders if these locations in Miami-Dade County might be tied to stores. Aventura - there's a new Tesla store in Aventura Mall, which is undergoing a major expansion. Wynwood - could that refer to the Design District Tesla store now under construction just north of Wynnwood/Midtown. But Brickell... I live on Brickell Avenue in downtown and I can't imagine where they would put it...

One wonders if these locations in Miami-Dade County might be tied to stores. Aventura - there's a new Tesla store in Aventura Mall, which is undergoing a major expansion. Wynwood - could that refer to the Design District Tesla store now under construction just north of Wynnwood/Midtown. But Brickell... I live on Brickell Avenue in downtown and I can't imagine where they would put it...

There's no where at the Design District store to put it. A Midtown/Wynwood parking garage makes more sense. Where in Brickell? Again, some garage - maybe Brickell City Centre - makes sense.

Maybe, but I doubt it since they would simply call it Fort Drum, like the others if it were an expansion. Parking is also limited at Fort Drum. There is a Yeehaw Junction Turnpike toll plaza (not a rest stop) that might accommodate a couple of Superchargers.

View attachment 224311

The Pilot Travel Center is also close to the Yeehaw Junction toll plaza and therefore right off of the Turnpike.

View attachment 224315

Larry

I think those are poor locations for a charger. There's nothing there. Less than at a service plaza. And what's the point with a charger location a few miles away already?

Reactions: ElectricTundra
I think those are poor locations for a charger. There's nothing there. Less than at a service plaza. And what's the point with a charger location a few miles away already?

"EDIT": After thinking awhile longer, if Tesla implements its new mega-charging center at a location such as Yeehaw or Live Oak, than perhaps those redundancies are less redundant. Maybe they were to acquire better deals/larger parcels of land; who knows.

Last edited: