Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't give up. Gainesville took a long time to get installed but that also had to do with the city/county permitting system and how many hoops you have to jump through to get thigs approved.

I think Titusville and probably the recently announced Rockledge locations took the place of Cocoa West. Supercharger page doesn't even mention Cocoa West anymore.

Ok. I'm giving up on Cocoa West. Seems there should have been a permit at least by now if it was legit.
I think Titusville and probably the recently announced Rockledge locations took the place of Cocoa West. Supercharger page doesn't even mention Cocoa West anymore.

(Sorry, this was not done quite right and both quotes should have been included in one post. Mea culpa to all).

Reactions: MacGreiner
Not sure if you have seen the recently updated maps, but the good news is there is a site planned in Crystal River and one for Perry. This definitely opens the Route 19 option for travel from the Tampa / St Pete area to Tallahassee. I prefer that route for my trips to Tallahassee for FSU games (if we ever have those again!!!!)

Thanks! My son is up there and that route is the faster way.

Who installs and maintains Super Chargers?, Tesla? Also, they have been promising a Super Charger in North Naples for over a year.....nothing.
Tesla contracts to have the SuperChargers installed using Tesla built chargers. And they are maintained by Tesla. They have been promising chargers at lots of locations; some for a very long time. Your point? There is aSuper Charger in Naples and a couple in Ft Myers as well as numerous destination chargers in the area. If you don't own a car yet, I wouldn't worry. If you do own one and cannot charge at home it looks like those are the options.

Hi, my point being, my Telsa sales person told me about the long delayed install of the North Naples Super Charger but said he hopes it happens because I happen to live a 1/4 mile from the planned site. Would be handy.
I am to infer from this that you have no home charging? There is nothing handier than home charging and I doubt anything as inexpensive. Florida SuperChargers are $0.25/kWh; my FPL electricity at home is only $0.11/kWh (or would be if I didn't have solar).

Oh jeez I definitely definitely need to talk to you about home charging then. I read a topic here on TMC that someone in Florida who’s FPL bill is normally $50-60 jumped up to $480 when he connected his Tesla wall charger to his car. That scared the heck out of us. I’d love to talk more. Thanks
I have sent a PM with more information and links to information. There might be a slightly higher per kWh charge over 1000kWh/month. There are tariffs for Time of use (TOU). Also, when your electricity bill goes up to cover the cost of your EV driving your charges for hydrocarbons should decrease as well.

Reactions: Big Earl
I know it is a low traffic route but it seems like it would be prudent for Tesla to install superchargers in Sebring and Belle Glade. Creates another hurricane escape route from South Florida. Has anybody heard anything about those locations? The tesla supercharger map doesn't have anything "coming soon" in central Florida unfortunately....

Hi, my point being, my Telsa sales person told me about the long delayed install of the North Naples Super Charger but said he hopes it happens because I happen to live a 1/4 mile from the planned site. Would be handy.
Be aware that the car sales guys are notoriously wrong about Supercharger installation details. Many times they are more optimistic than the already optimistic Tesla charging site map, which is legendary in its incorrectness*.

[*My new word for the day.]

Reactions: mk677
I know it is a low traffic route but it seems like it would be prudent for Tesla to install superchargers in Sebring and Belle Glade. Creates another hurricane escape route from South Florida. Has anybody heard anything about those locations? The tesla supercharger map doesn't have anything "coming soon" in central Florida unfortunately....
I haven't heard anything, but I have felt the same way for a while. Although I would recommend putting the Supercharger in South Bay instead of Belle Glade because then you can handle the east-west traffic on 80 (WPB to Ft. Myers), as well as the north-south traffic on 27 (Miami to Sebring).

a supercharger 1/4 of a mile away really isn't handy unless you do not install a home charger. and relying on a nearby supercharger for your charging is 1. a big waste of your time spent waiting for it to charge 2. more costly than what you'd pay at home, 3. constant supercharging is not good for battery health and 4. tesla might throttle your speeds for overuse.