Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see Jacksonville getting a supercharger station but the location is absolutely terrible... the area is very sketchy and absolutely nothing around except a 7-Eleven across the street.
You can't infer a location by zooming in on the pin. The pins are merely attached to the map labels, in this case the word "Jacksonville".

Larry

Reactions: MP3Mike
65567460-09AF-46EE-9BAD-C3201AF0DBE5.jpeg
A friend sent this picture from Aventura Mall. These chargers appear to be located in a newly constructed parking garage (one of several at the mall) and I’m sure which floor.

A friend sent this picture from Aventura Mall. These chargers appear to be located in a newly constructed parking garage (one of several at the mall) and I’m sure which floor.
Thanks.

Since there is a Tesla Store at Aventura Mall these are Tesla Wall Connectors are likely to support the store's operations.

Larry

Reactions: jbcarioca
View attachment 254571 A friend sent this picture from Aventura Mall. These chargers appear to be located in a newly constructed parking garage (one of several at the mall) and I’m sure which floor.
those are NOT superchargers, they are HWPC units, there is probably a tesla store there and while you may get lucky and find an unused charger you shouldn't depend on one being available, especially when the store is closed because there is nobody available to move a car if you're in dire need of a charge.

those are NOT superchargers, they are HWPC units, there is probably a tesla store there and while you may get lucky and find an unused charger you shouldn't depend on one being available, especially when the store is closed because there is nobody available to move a car if you're in dire need of a charge.
Actually, there’s been a store in Aventura Mall for a year now. To date, there’s been no HWPC units at the mall supporting the store (I asked at the store - only 2 ChargePoint units) until these were installed in the recently constructed garage. There’s a mall expansion project currently underway adjacent to this new garage and, upon completion in early 2018, the Tesla store will relocate to the expansion area. I’ll be there later this week & will verify whether these are standard HWPC or if they are intended to be the new “urban” SCs that were promised for the Aventura area.

Actually, there’s been a store in Aventura Mall for a year now. To date, there’s been no HWPC units at the mall supporting the store (I asked at the store - only 2 ChargePoint units) until these were installed in the recently constructed garage. There’s a mall expansion project currently underway adjacent to this new garage and, upon completion in early 2018, the Tesla store will relocate to the expansion area. I’ll be there later this week & will verify whether these are standard HWPC or if they are intended to be the new “urban” SCs that were promised for the Aventura area.
There in no need for a report. I can tell from the picture those units are NOT the "urban" superchargers, they are the typical HWPCs.
FWIW this thread is titled
Anyone wondering about the 27 new superchargers in Florida?

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
The fact that the store didn't have Tesla Wall Connectors pretty much clinches that these Wall Connectors are for store operations.

Whereas the photo clearly shows that these are Wall Connectors, not Urban Superchargers, nonetheless I would greatly appreciate it if you looked around elsewhere to see if there are any signs of Supercharger construction. As you know, the Find Us map show a "Coming Soon" "Aventura" Supercharger.

Larry

I recently heard that the Orlando Tesla supercharger would be located near I-4 and Colonial Drive (Highway 50). I have not seen any construction or spotted the exact site but will keep my eyes open for any activity to confirm. No construction activity either as of yet at the Altamonte Springs site 10 miles or so north.
George

I recently heard that the Orlando Tesla supercharger would be located near I-4 and Colonial Drive (Highway 50). I have not seen any construction or spotted the exact site but will keep my eyes open for any activity to confirm. No construction activity either as of yet at the Altamonte Springs site 10 miles or so north.
George
Hi George,

Thanks for the information. Without revealing the identity of your source can you discuss the nature of your source? For example, Tesla employee, contractor, real estate developer, local government official, etc.?

Brickell location has been found - the lower level of the Brickell City Centre under
89BA245D-087C-40B8-8097-5A495BB46DF3.jpeg
16B2D22D-4022-490A-BED5-E0FC24DF0781.jpeg
814DE231-4491-42D1-B224-7EEFA9ACEF0B.jpeg
ground parking garage in lots A2 (10 chargers below Saks 5th Ave) and C2 (15 chargers north side of the garage). Parking is free for the initial 2 hours in this garage. The electrician I spoke with working on the installation estimated they’d be ready in a month.
This is a great location for people living/working in Brickell/downtown Miami, but visitors will have a hard time finding them. This garage is huge, so it’s unlikely there will be de-ICEing issues with these.

Brickell location has been found - the lower level of the Brickell City Centre under ground parking garage in lots A2 (10 chargers below Saks 5th Ave) and C2 (15 chargers north side of the garage). Parking is free for the initial 2 hours in this garage. The electrician I spoke with working on the installation estimated they’d be ready in a month.
This is a great location for people living/working in Brickell/downtown Miami, but visitors will have a hard time finding them. This garage is huge, so it’s unlikely there will be de-ICEing issues with these.
Thanks!
I'll be starting a new thread to follow the continuing progress.

Larry

George

A good location in that area, if its a full speed supercharger, would be in Colonial Town Plaza. Lots of empty spaces in the middle of the lot, restaurants, shops, etc.

Brickell location has been found - the lower level of the Brickell City Centre underView attachment 258367 View attachment 258368 View attachment 258369 ground parking garage in lots A2 (10 chargers below Saks 5th Ave) and C2 (15 chargers north side of the garage). Parking is free for the initial 2 hours in this garage. The electrician I spoke with working on the installation estimated they’d be ready in a month.

Can anyone knowledgeable comment on the massive diameter of that conduit running to each stall? It looks like you could run 4x the amount of cable in each. Considering the exposed installation why would you incur that additional expense? Is the plan to be able to multiply the amount of stalls by being able to snake more cable though the same conduit? I can't imagine Code requires conduit that heavy for the load they are handling.

Concerning Fort Myers. I went by there yesterday, forgot to take photos but all the stalls now have the new style chargers.
I was there a while back and the place looked in bad shape.
I saw no indications about any plans for expansion.
So ... based on the map. back to downtown?

Thanks for the information.
Tesla's Find Us map lists two "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations. One is in the Wynwood area. Googling that area we find a huge Midtown parking garage right next to The Shops at Midtown Miami adjacent to I-95 between exit 2A & 2B.

View attachment 237834

General Vicinity

View attachment 237835

It looks like the very large garage outlined in red would be a great location for a Supercharger Station in Midtown Miami. There is also a nearby large garage outlined in blue further from I-95 that would also be a good location, but not as close to the I-95 exit ramps.

Larry
This local news article published yesterday seems to support my previous speculation.

Tesla Supercharger Opens In Brickell City Centre Garage
(The title is a bit misleading, since as of 4:30 pm today the station was not operational.)

Midtown Miami is also working to install a Tesla Supercharger station in their garage.

It would be appreciated if someone in the area could swing by the Midtown garage and look for signs of a Supercharger installation.

Thanks.

Larry

New to TMC Forums. Not sure if wild speculations are allowed, but figured it may help the group when searching for permits. There is a new Wawa that is being built at US-19 and Countryside. This seems to fit with current trends and would also be a strong location for a Supercharger. There is the one in Pinellas Park which would make sense having one almost as far North in Clearwater proper. It is also near the Countryside Mall, adjacent corner, and a few outdoor shopping plazas with other restaurants.

New to TMC Forums. Not sure if wild speculations are allowed, but figured it may help the group when searching for permits. There is a new Wawa that is being built at US-19 and Countryside. This seems to fit with current trends and would also be a strong location for a Supercharger. There is the one in Pinellas Park which would make sense having one almost as far North in Clearwater proper. It is also near the Countryside Mall, adjacent corner, and a few outdoor shopping plazas with other restaurants.
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, this particular thread is intended for speculating about possible "Coming Soon" Supercharger Station locations.

Is it your guess that this Wawa under construction could be the location for the "Coming Soon" Tampa, FL - Clearwater location on the Find Us Map?

Larry