Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla seems more interested in more production facilities that more Superchargers. Sometimes they forget what made them superior.

Strange comment, considering the number of under construction sites is growing constantly and always has been. There are currently 125+ sites under construction and another 85+ sites with permits. That doesn't track all the locations which get expanded either.

Strange comment, considering the number of under construction sites is growing constantly and always has been. There are currently 125+ sites under construction and another 85+ sites with permits. That doesn't track all the locations which get expanded either.
I suppose my frustration is with several Supercharger sites scheduled for completion in 2019 in the Northwest that have never been started.

I have committed to donating 2 Tesla destination chargers to the museum where I'm a volunteer guide. We are in the process of expanding and when the parking lot expansion is done, the superchargers should be installed and I intend that they will be free to paying customers.
Which museum is that?

Here Chuq, the person who seems to have added it on PlugShare has also added photos.

It doesn’t look much like a Supercharger to me, but the user suspects the green fencing might be so to conceal the construction area. Still the parking lot at 200 W. Palmetto Park. Can someone go take a closer look at this?

View attachment 456985 View attachment 456987 View attachment 456988
Just an update on the speculation that this might be a supercharger site. I happened to pass by here this weekend and they were pouring all these tall cement structures. There were cases with steel supports protruding and it looked like the final cement structures would be 6-10 feet tall and there were a bunch of them all over the site.

I didn't have a chance to snap any pics, but I think we can put to bed any possibility that this will be a future SC location.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Tesla seems more interested in more production facilities that more Superchargers. Sometimes they forget what made them superior.

1. Superchargers are designed for long distance travel, owners can travel to nearly every part of the USA using existing network. I don't believe they have forgotten that their SC network is one of the many things that has made Tesla superior. I have been using the SC network traveling to other states for nearly 7 years without issues of locating one.

2. Non-Tesla EVs are challenged to locate an available / working high speed charger with as much ease if they wish to travel the USA.
What other EV car company even offers high speed chargers as Tesla?

3. Remember Tesla's mission statement -> “To accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation and energy”. Tesla priority with their resources are indeed to increase production of Tesla models, adding gigafactorys and battery production all designed to meet their mission statement. It is a balancing act of allocating resources for maximum impact. Current SC network is already well placed throughout the country but I understand that some owners want more SCs and want them nearby. Patience.

Reactions: Seven7
I have committed to donating 2 Tesla destination chargers to the museum where I'm a volunteer guide. We are in the process of expanding and when the parking lot expansion is done, the superchargers should be installed and I intend that they will be free to paying customers.
Your efforts are to be commended.
Did you mean to say "...the Tesla destination chargers should be installed and I intend that they will be free to paying customers?

Larry

The Tesla.com FindUs is pretty useless for upcoming SC.

Bunch of target stores in So Florida were shown as coming in 2017, 2018, 2019. Most have been changed to 2020, but one was still 2018. Yet Target doesn't show all the So Florida locations being planned in 2020+....

Doesn't even show the WaWa in Pompano Beach with the 8 stalls 5 miles from my home. The chargers are in, but covered and awaiting hookup.

The Boca Raton, Florida SC location hasn't been able to get permits in 4 years. This was told to me by the Boca Raton store.

Tesla doesn't give a damn about M3 SR & SR+ on their trip map either. Unless your M3 is rated for 310 it's useless.

Maybe they want the M3 SR/SR+ to stay home. :D

It would be nice if they could put a supercharging station somewhere on Indiantown Road.
I-95 and the turnpike both have exits there. They are putting an Aldi supermarket in where the Winn Dixie used to be and there's also a lot of restaurants in that shopping center so it might be a good location.
The current town ev chargers in Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens town halls don't always work or have people leaving cars parked in the charging stations all day or left overnite after they are done charging.
Would be better if they had metered spots for ev charging like some other cities so spot hoggers would get a $20 ticket once the meters ran out.

FYI, there are new chargers at Jupiter Medical Center (I haven't seen them yet, my wife reported them as I'm a patient). I had a hand in convincing JMC to install chargers in the guest parking lot, not just the employee lot. Also, there are Chargepoint chargers at Alton. I agree that the Aldi location would be ideal, but we have no say, do we?

Tesla doesn't give a damn about M3 SR & SR+ on their trip map either. Unless your M3 is rated for 310 it's useless.

Maybe they want the M3 SR/SR+ to stay home. :D

It IS a bit annoying that they don't have your particular model and its range on the trip maps, but it's relatively easy to get around it by selecting the model with the closest range. You should be able to find something within 10-20 miles or so which is a good enough approximation.

But my feeling is that the "/trips" section of the web site is mainly for advertising purposes -- to assure prospective buyers that you CAN drive from one place to another without being stranded. It would be confusing to a prospective buyer to have ranges and choices for every model Tesla has ever sold. By showing just the models available now, they're catering to those who still have the money, not to those who have spent it.

Those who have already bought Teslas have a better system in their cars, anyway. It takes into account the current state of charge and the range of YOUR car.

Reactions: GoCanes