Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Austin-San Antonio area Tesla Owners Club forum, Art visited the under-construction Boerne Stage Road Supercharger location ("Leon Springs, TX" to us) where the construction crew was present. Art says:

Since all the work appears to be done, I stopped by today to see if it was ready. Not so fast. One of the contract workers said City and Tesla inspections were still required and it could be 3 more weeks!? The estimated ready time varies widely depending on whom you ask. The worker I spoke with said they had 50 more superchargers to install and were now heading to Jacksonville Florida.​

Perhaps the crew is headed to a new Jacksonville location?

Two sites have been found at Wawa locations in Florida in the last couple of days. Perhaps keep an eye on Wawa sites in Jacksonville?

If Google Maps is accurate, there are two new ones (in the western part of the city) being built that might be worth passing by!

upload_2020-3-16_15-5-51.png

Reactions: Seven7 and StarLog
Just passed Yeehaw Junction service plaza and saw a whole new row of what appear to be non Tesla fast chargers across from the existing Superchargers. They still had some shrink wrap on them and were a different color and design so I’m pretty sure they aren’t Tesla chargers. I caught a glimpse from the turnpike as I blew by so that’s all I got.

I don't really understand the need for more superchargers in the middle of large cities. IMHO, superchargers are for Travelers, and should be placed outside of major cities. I also believe that, long term, there should be a couple of Superchargers at each Interstate Highway rest stop. There are plenty of superchargers in Orlando, we need one on the Space Coast and other roads that cross the state.

I don't really understand the need for more superchargers in the middle of large cities. IMHO, superchargers are for Travelers, and should be placed outside of major cities. I also believe that, long term, there should be a couple of Superchargers at each Interstate Highway rest stop. There are plenty of superchargers in Orlando, we need one on the Space Coast and other roads that cross the state.

There is a supercharger under construction in Titusville. Florida Tesla Enthusiasts - Titusville Supercharger Station discovered under construction at Target (Public)

Reactions: Lchamp
When the Supercharger network began it was exclusively for travelers. However, with the growth of the Tesla fleet, we are now at the point, as Charles (X Fan) mentions, where consideration should be given to people living in multi-unit dwellings (MUDs) where to date it can be difficult to get permission to install charging equipment. About 30% of Floridians live in MUDs, this is a lot of people. Tesla recognized this issue and designed the more compact Urban Supercharger terminal and started installing them in population centers.

Regarding exchanging Superchargers at rest stops, this has started on the Florida Turnpike.
Fast Charging & Supercharging Stations will be added at the Florida Turnpike service plazas (Public)

As Paul (pdeinselen) points out Tesla just broke ground on the Titusville Supercharger Station at Target. The work is progressing rapidly.

Larry

Reactions: StarLog
FWIW: Tesla has down a great job in Florida I’m expanding the network and with re: to the Southeast just needs to place one in the Charleston, SC area.
Charles,

I agree. Tesla has always done a good job in expanding the Supercharger network, but recently they have definitely picked up their pace. I think that you will be pleased in the near future regarding Charleson.

Larry

I have an early 2015 MS85 (2WD) and easily made it from Palm Beach to Marathon last weekend with giving absolutely no thought to energy conservation. My lifetime avg is 345kWh and I averaged 285kWh to Marathon. Loads of traffic as well. Took 6hrs to get to the Marathon charger. Another hour to Key West. Same thing on my return trip. Started each trip at 100%. Had roughly 15% when charging started.

Your forum name is reflected in your lifetime average (or vice versa). After 138,000 miles my lifetime avg is 295kWh! I can see that you gave "absolutely no thought to energy conservation". :)

Hope the Suncoast Parkway and/or 19 gets one. Nothing between Tampa and Tallahassee other than a hotel charger.

Not sure if you have seen the recently updated maps, but the good news is there is a site planned in Crystal River and one for Perry. This definitely opens the Route 19 option for travel from the Tampa / St Pete area to Tallahassee. I prefer that route for my trips to Tallahassee for FSU games (if we ever have those again!!!!)

Reactions: PDACPA