Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my place to Port Saint Lucie SC is 22 miles. So you think 12 miles is acceptable, I can name dozens of SCers less then 12 miles apart. The density of Tesla owners and need for charging should be the determining factor.
My closest super charger was 34 miles round trip. Ideally, one should charge at home and that may not always be possible. However, Tesla is under no obligation to build more superchargers just to make it more convenient for a few. Pretty sure that everyone knows up front , before purchase, that Tesla encourages home charging. Everyone will not get their own Supercharge conveniently locate 1/2 mile away.

Reactions: mk677
wrong, you really should save supercharging for trips beyond the range of the car otherwise charge at home
I rent a condo on Hutchinson Island for a month with no ability to charge there. My only way to charge while in Fl is to go to a SCer. At home up north I agree that Tesla owners should charge at home, thats why I got a Tesla so I dont have to charge in the snow cold and rain.

Anyone know if the new Wawa going up on Okochobee Blvd in West Palm will have superchargers? The service and sales building down the street from there doesn't have them and the Wawa in Riviera Beach is full most of the time.

Reactions: Bobbo8
Anyone know if the new Wawa going up on Okochobee Blvd in West Palm will have superchargers? The service and sales building down the street from there doesn't have them and the Wawa in Riviera Beach is full most of the time.
No permits to build a supercharger there have been applied for yet, so it's not likely. Or at least if they decide to put one in there, it won't be any time too soon.

if you live 2 minutes away why do you need to use the supercharger? constant supercharging is not the best for battery health.
I have free supercharging and have Supercharged 90% of the time with no affect on my range on the 3 different Teslas I have owned. I strongly believe the affects of frequent supercharging are vastly overstated. If it was such a bad thing then why are they building supercharging infrastructure in densely populated areas for Tesla owners with no access to home charging so they could use for their primary charing needs?

Lastly, WaWa is the only store in Palm Beach that sells Herr's potato chips so I will be there often to restock. Plus their food isn't half bad so it's a nice place to grab a quick lunch. Therefore, it'll be nice to grab some free juice while also loading up on Jalepeno Poppers. Having said that, if the chargers are full or near full I won't occupy one unnecessarily. I am not "that guy".

I have free supercharging and have Supercharged 90% of the time with no affect on my range on the 3 different Teslas I have owned. I strongly believe the affects of frequent supercharging are vastly overstated. If it was such a bad thing then why are they building supercharging infrastructure in densely populated areas for Tesla owners with no access to home charging so they could use for their primary charing needs?

Lastly, WaWa is the only store in Palm Beach that sells Herr's potato chips so I will be there often to restock. Plus their food isn't half bad so it's a nice place to grab a quick lunch. Therefore, it'll be nice to grab some free juice while also loading up on Jalepeno Poppers. Having said that, if the chargers are full or near full I won't occupy one unnecessarily. I am not "that guy".
Agree

I rent a condo on Hutchinson Island for a month with no ability to charge there. My only way to charge while in Fl is to go to a SCer. At home up north I agree that Tesla owners should charge at home, thats why I got a Tesla so I dont have to charge in the snow cold and rain.
Have you looked at the PlugShare map? At the north end of Hutchinson Island on the mainland near Ft Pierce, there‘s a Manatee Observation & Education center with free parking and level 2 charging. Also nearby at Ft Pierce City Hall there are several level 2 chargers, all with free parking. It may take several hours for a charge so try to find something else to do in the area. I‘ll update post if I can find others.
At Port St Lucie, there’s a Walmart Super center with a EA level 3 charger. I think they charge 46 cents per kWh.

Last edited:
Have you looked at the PlugShare map? At the north end of Hutchinson Island on the mainland near Ft Pierce, there‘s a Manatee Observation & Education center with free parking and level 2 charging. Also nearby at Ft Pierce City Hall there are several level 2 chargers, all with free parking. It may take several hours for a charge so try to find something else to do in the area. I‘ll update post if I can find others.
At Port St Lucie, there’s a Walmart Super center with a EA level 3 charger. I think they charge 46 cents per kWh.
at port st lucie there is a tesla super charger, why would you pass that and use the EA charger? same for ft pierce, it isn't that far from the pt st lucie charger. have you ever visited ft pierce? IMHO it isn't a place that I'd care to spend much time in.

at port st lucie there is a tesla super charger, why would you pass that and use the EA charger? same for ft pierce, it isn't that far from the pt st lucie charger. have you ever visited ft pierce? IMHO it isn't a place that I'd care to spend much time in.
Hmm. That's the way I feel about JAX! ;) One really doesn't need to spend a lot of time anywhere when supercharging. But certainly less time doing that instead of an EA charger.

Jasper, FL isn't (yet) on Tesla's map and I unfortunately can't find the actual meeting minutes online to see exactly what was said, but the city council was briefed by the city manager on "Tesla Charging Station" at their August 19th meeting. Given the city's location pretty much on the main route between Atlanta and Orlando (it's between the Valdosta, GA and Lake City, FL superchargers), I wouldn't be surprised if this was discussion of a potential supercharger location.