Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wrap (carbon fiber vinyl) their dash trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to pay $1000 for carbon fiber trim so i chose the "free" dark ash wood décor.

I don't even have the car yet (12/23), but the more I see it on the tesla site, the more I don't like it. I'm thinking of wrapping the trim in 3M carbon fiber vinyl. Has anyone done this yet? Results? Pictures?

Feel free to post pictures of the OEM carbon fiber trim too :)

I know at least one vendor used to offer a pre-cut wrap kit. It could save some time during install as you wouldn't have to do any cutting (and maybe not even remove the part to be wrapped). Of course the cost was more than just buying a roll of 3M wrap and doing it all yourself.

Did any of you guys try the dash wrap? I will be wrapping my door handles and like the look of CF, but my interior is piano black. I'm considering ordering extra material and doing the dash, center console and a few other exterior accents (mirrors, emblems, etc). Not sure if I should do a glossy or matte finish tho... I'm kinda torn.

I'm fairly handy, but have never really done much with cars aside from changing a tire or the oil. Is taking apart the dash difficult?

[...] Feel free to post pictures of the OEM carbon fiber trim too :)
Some pics of the OEM carbon fiber trim in my car here

I wrapped the console flip-cover for the phone dock with 3M wrap I bought from Amazon, it doesn't match the OEM exactly, maybe there is another kind that matches more closely.

If you scroll through page 2 of that same thread (posts #36 and #40) you can see photos comparing the roll of wrap with the OEM trim, plus the wrap installed on the cover.