Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wrap their door handles to body colour? (red to be specific)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last year I read some people buy the KPMF's Gloss Vengeance Red which is very very close to the model 3 red paint. It is disappointing when it was put on my car, as the wrap is slightly pinkish than the Tesla red (see the image below). What film can I order so it is perfectly matched with the car?

KPMF film I used: https://www.amazon.ca/KPMF-Vengeance-Vinyl-Free-Style-Pro-Wrapping/dp/B07TVHB773/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=k75400+red&qid=1569417561&sr=8-3&th=1&tag=tmc064-20

Below is a perfect example, but can't find what type of film used on that car.

Photo linked to Tsportline
tesla-model-3-lowering-springs-wm_4000x.progressive.jpg

Here is my car
20200222_154220.jpg

Answer is simple - you will never find a perfect match. There will be always be slight differences in sheen, pearlescence/metallic flake density, and hue for sure. These won't show much when it is dark out but anytime the car is in light or viewed at an angle you will see it. How much it bothers you is more a function of OCD (and awareness that it isnt "perfect") than anything else.

Your options are to go for a similar color and live with a slight mismatch, go a contrasting color (like black), or have the entire car wrapped and then the handle wrap will 100% match ;)

Of you’re willing to not drive the car for a few days, you can also remove the handles, have them powder coated with a matched colour code and re install. Again, plastic will always be different than metal but given the bumper is a pretty amazing match to the fender, don’t see why the handles would come out any different.