TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone written an order status script?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ohmman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I was considering tackling a simple curl | grep script to grab the order status from "My Tesla" every hour or so. I figured it would save me from my once-a-day (ahem) checking of the site for changes. The script would just email me once the status has changed. Turns out things are a little more complicated than the simple script I envisioned, so before diving further into this I figured I'd ask if anyone else has attempted it. I know there are a good number of techies out there with Teslas in their garages or on order.

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The problem here is that the Tesla website isn't always updated in a timely fashion and sometimes it reverts back to a previous status for one reason or another. So while it's not hard to write a script, the information you get back might not be correct.

3. ohmman

Yeah, I get that. But the fact is, I still check it, and this would (might?) keep me from pulling it up. Good point regardless.

4. salamagd

salamagd Member

Just whipped this up, seems to work fine! Replace with your email address and password as necessary.

Code:
    wget -O mytesla.html --post-data="name=[I][B][email protected][/B][/I]&pass=[B][I]YourPassword[/I][/B]&form_id=user_login" https://www.teslamotors.com/user/login

5. ohmman

Thanks, I've got it similarly working with curl. Just had to make some pointers to keep track of the current status so it knows if there's been a change. To jerry33's point, it is feeling sort of pointless...