Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anything I need to do to swap from 19" to 21" rims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017" Model S 75D has 19" tesla rims and I'm looking to buy some 21" Turbines to replace them with. Should it just be a direct swap or do I need to do anything else? Is there are a way to change how the car looks in the MCU screen to update it so it shows it has 21's? Please let me know, thanks.

The current 21" wheels are a different offset and will not directly fit your car. If 21" wheels were available for the 2017 S 75D, you should be able to go into the Wheel Configuration and select the 21" wheels. This should change several specifications in the computers, and the 21" wheels available for your car from Tesla will show in the display.

• Love
Reactions: Broncobren
The current 21" wheels are a different offset and will not directly fit your car. If 21" wheels were available for the 2017 S 75D, you should be able to go into the Wheel Configuration and select the 21" wheels. This should change several specifications in the computers, and the 21" wheels available for your car from Tesla will show in the display.
He mentioned turbines not arachnids so he should be fine. They didn't make turbines for the new body style. OP should only need to change the wheel configuration in the MCU. The only thing you need to possibly be aware of if the car you purchased them had the correct TPMS for your model year. Early model S had different TMPS than the late 2015-2020ish year.

He mentioned turbines not arachnids so he should be fine. They didn't make turbines for the new body style. OP should only need to change the wheel configuration in the MCU. The only thing you need to possibly be aware of if the car you purchased them had the correct TPMS for your model year. Early model S had different TMPS than the late 2015-2020ish year.
Great information from the both of you. Thank you! Exactly what I needed and no fluff.

Reactions: DerbyDave