Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anything to be concerned about?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I've noticed a couple of strange things with my Tesla over the last 24 hours and I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues or whether it could just be something that could happen that we have to live with.

1. Yesterday, I left the office - opened the boot to put my bag in the back, got in the car and the screen was black, pressed on the brake pedal, held in the steering wheels buttons, absolutely nothing. I opened the app and it just said "Waking up" but it never did wake up. I've been using my key fob mostly since I got the car so I got out, manually locked the car and then unlocked it, when I opened the door the screen came on... very strange!

2. This morning, I left the house - opened up the boot to put my bag in the back, got in the car and there was a chime and the indicators flashed 3 times, this has never happened before.

I've had the car since March and no issues up until this point.

On a side note, the passenger airbag is always marked as on, even though there isn't anyone in the passenger seat, any ideas on this one? I thought it only switched on if it detected weight.

Thanks!

Mine always chimes and flashes when I unlock it from the handle with my phone as a key. The DRL’s come on too.
I think passenger airbag is always on unless turned off to carry a child seat.
Black screen - just a glitch. Had it once and cured it just as you did.

I've had black screen three times since the 2020.20.12 update and only once before that in 8+ months so the 2020.12.x software is clearly a bit buggy. shouldn't be long until the main 2020.24.x rollout

ive had the black screen glitch several times as well, May be 20.12 related. if you wait it does fire up in my case. not sure how long it takes. probably about 20 seconds but feels like about a year when you think your car is dead and you may be stranded.:(

Thanks guys, just on the passenger airbag, it’s greyed out on the options so it can’t be manually switched off which means I can’t sit my daughter in the front of the car in her car seat because of the danger of the airbag.

ideally I would have her in the back but she seems suffer with travel sickness pretty bad unless she’s in the front so I’m going to have to work around that one and avoid putting her in the front!

Thanks guys, just on the passenger airbag, it’s greyed out on the options so it can’t be manually switched off which means I can’t sit my daughter in the front of the car in her car seat because of the danger of the airbag.

ideally I would have her in the back but she seems suffer with travel sickness pretty bad unless she’s in the front so I’m going to have to work around that one and avoid putting her in the front!

Page 38 of the manual says:

upload_2020-7-2_17-7-56.png