Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyway to switch from Mobile Service to a Service Center for MCU2 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Tesla app MCU2 AP1 is available for Mobile Service at my home but I rather have them do it at a Service Center. If I place my location as the same as the Service Center is that like scheduling it there or will the Mobile Service just end up going there. I figured it's best to have it done at a Service Center if anything comes up the tech has other techs there that can assist him or if other parts are needed. No way to call Tesla for appointment, it's pretty sad.

Unless they’ve changed things recently, when you schedule service via the app, it defaults to a service center, but if mobile service is available they will contact you to let you know. You should be able to respond that you prefer the service center once you hear from them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gr8pursuit
I wouldn't worry about having this done via mobile service. I had the 3.0 upgrade done last fall via mobile service and it went flawlessly. Except for the fact that the mobile service tech locked his keys, cell phone and laptop in his mobile Model S lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gr8pursuit