Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyway to turn the inside completely dark at night?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A screensaver mode for the instrument panel? The panel comes back on if any of the steering wheel buttons are pressed or turn signals, etc, otherwise it stays dark. The dancing reflections off the glass can be dizzying and distracting.

They still haven't gotten around to setting the suspension to high in park... maybe Jason could hack one together?

All I need late at night is a speedo. Everything else can fall away. Bring it back with a touch to the screen.

I would pay for this option if it was available, it's way too bright at night. If they ever release the 'app store' promised all those years ago, I'll buy that app immediately or write it if I have to.

Reactions: Eevee
Realistically here's how I'd fix it:

Right Scroll wheel, press, brings up menu list. Last option: "Dark Mode: On"
Press it, and the center screen goes OFF.
Driver Display goes dark, with only speedometer numeric, in red. (best color for night vision).
And miles or % remaining.

that's IT. that's All I need at night. Volume should still work, track next should work. etc.

For watching the city lights or the grunion races while parked, I’ve found that placing dark cloths over the 17” and IC is helpful. I typically have microfiber towels in the car.

Low tech, but works 100% of the time.

Waiting for the car to shut off after 30 minutes is not helpful, and screen cleaning mode only affects the 17” iirc.

While driving, I’ve found that dimming the 17” is sufficient, but passengers would still get reflections from the roof.

... All I need late at night is a speedo. ...
I'm not sure on how this will help, but here you go!
image.jpg