Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anywhere to get a proper black Tesla emblems?

Oct 20, 2019
Fredericton
I want black (or carbon fiber) Tesla emblems for my 3, I don't want a sticker, I don't want to plastidip or paint them, I want something permanent that is actually black. So far I have found two options. Unplugged performance sells carbon fiber ones which are awesome, but I'm sorry to say there is no way in heck, I'd pay $450 usd ($600 Canadian) for two emblems, it's just not happening. Ebay and Amazon have some but I'm skeptical of the quality and sizing. If I want to spell out "T E S L A" on my trunk I can get the rear in black from abstract ocean but I'm leaning towards the T only. Even if I spell out TESLA, I still don't have a black one for the front.

Any ideas where to get such a thing?

Cheers!

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Aren’t you a feisty one?

I purchased some black chrome emblems from this site for $40 T Badge Model 3 REAR (Custom Colors)

They have a matte black color. The emblems are thicker than the OEM emblems. They are similar thickness to the Model S emblems. I wouldn’t get this for the front though. It’s too thick and doesn’t look right.

Oct 20, 2019
Fredericton
Aren’t you a feisty one?

I purchased some black chrome emblems from this site for $40 T Badge Model 3 REAR (Custom Colors)

They have a matte black color. The emblems are thicker than the OEM emblems. They are similar thickness to the Model S emblems. I wouldn’t get this for the front though. It’s too thick and doesn’t look right.

:D I'm glad you think so! Thanks for the link, I'll check them out, OEM thickness would be nice but if I can't come up with some then those may have to be the winner!

Cheers!

joeypt

Sep 6, 2019
Bay Area, CA
Ive done it in the past, and might even do it on my window trim but I just think the front emblem is going to have a rough go and start peeling in no time.

Yeah its definitely not a permanent solution like you're looking for. Good thing it's so cheap to do! I actually wrapped the front emblem and plastidipped the rear to compare. So far both are holding up (2 months later). I prefer the wrap because it is a lot smoother but it took me an hour just to wrap it nicely..

Reactions: ChargedSociety
Oct 20, 2019
Fredericton
I ordered the matte black front and rear emblems from Abstract Ocean. I should have them by Saturday.
the logo decals? I don't see a Matte black emblem on their website?

my back emblems are plastidipped (since march) and still looking good, no peeling yet. but my frunk emblem and trim are lifting. i didn't really clean it before. it's all in the prep.
I dunno, I think that front one is going to take the brunt of the abuse where the back will be pretty protected. Even if it's done perfectly, I don't think it will ever hold up as long as the rear.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Leave it chrome. It’s iconic.
265858D5-80E6-4A51-AF40-9896F60C35FD.jpeg

ikester

Dec 2, 2018
Seattle
Try krylon enamel. I’m sure several won’t believe me, but I used red krylon on the tips of my experimental airplane’s propeller and it was amazingly durable. I flew on instruments in all kinds of weather...very tough on the propeller’s leading edge. Applied correctly, Krylon enamel can give a very good and durable finish. This was on a 350 hp engine with three blade prop.... not a lightweight

small investment to try

Reactions: ChargedSociety

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC