Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anywhere to get a proper black Tesla emblems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want black (or carbon fiber) Tesla emblems for my 3, I don't want a sticker, I don't want to plastidip or paint them, I want something permanent that is actually black. So far I have found two options. Unplugged performance sells carbon fiber ones which are awesome, but I'm sorry to say there is no way in heck, I'd pay $450 usd ($600 Canadian) for two emblems, it's just not happening. Ebay and Amazon have some but I'm skeptical of the quality and sizing. If I want to spell out "T E S L A" on my trunk I can get the rear in black from abstract ocean but I'm leaning towards the T only. Even if I spell out TESLA, I still don't have a black one for the front.

Any ideas where to get such a thing?

Cheers!

Aren’t you a feisty one?

I purchased some black chrome emblems from this site for $40 T Badge Model 3 REAR (Custom Colors)

They have a matte black color. The emblems are thicker than the OEM emblems. They are similar thickness to the Model S emblems. I wouldn’t get this for the front though. It’s too thick and doesn’t look right.

:D I'm glad you think so! Thanks for the link, I'll check them out, OEM thickness would be nice but if I can't come up with some then those may have to be the winner!

Cheers!

Ive done it in the past, and might even do it on my window trim but I just think the front emblem is going to have a rough go and start peeling in no time.

Yeah its definitely not a permanent solution like you're looking for. Good thing it's so cheap to do! I actually wrapped the front emblem and plastidipped the rear to compare. So far both are holding up (2 months later). I prefer the wrap because it is a lot smoother but it took me an hour just to wrap it nicely..

Reactions: ChargedSociety
I ordered the matte black front and rear emblems from Abstract Ocean. I should have them by Saturday.
the logo decals? I don't see a Matte black emblem on their website?

my back emblems are plastidipped (since march) and still looking good, no peeling yet. but my frunk emblem and trim are lifting. i didn't really clean it before. it's all in the prep.
I dunno, I think that front one is going to take the brunt of the abuse where the back will be pretty protected. Even if it's done perfectly, I don't think it will ever hold up as long as the rear.

Leave it chrome. It’s iconic.
265858D5-80E6-4A51-AF40-9896F60C35FD.jpeg

Try krylon enamel. I’m sure several won’t believe me, but I used red krylon on the tips of my experimental airplane’s propeller and it was amazingly durable. I flew on instruments in all kinds of weather...very tough on the propeller’s leading edge. Applied correctly, Krylon enamel can give a very good and durable finish. This was on a 350 hp engine with three blade prop.... not a lightweight

small investment to try

Reactions: ChargedSociety