Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anywhere to track model X changes since inception ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tes La Ferrari

Jun 1, 2018
Canada
I found a link tracking all the Model S changes since inception - but haven't been able to find one for the X. Anyone have any info on this out there ?

I am considering purchasing a used X - to compliment my recent S purchase!
Thanks!

Try and stay away from earlier Vins <70k the build quality is so much better in the newer ones ..also can’t stress how much better the FwD doors are (sensors, fit, switch )

Any idea of approximately when this period of earlier production vins ended ? Would it have been mid -16?

And will / did Tesla replace the FWDs on the earlier ones that were problematic to the newer, better fit and finish ones - under warranty - if owners complained about issues with them ?

I wouldn’t touch 16s unless really good price ..find mid to late 2017 ..Tesla won’t replace whole FWD door ..most likely they will align and give u new switches at best

I wouldn’t touch 16s unless really good price ..find mid to late 2017 ..Tesla won’t replace whole FWD door ..most likely they will align and give u new switches at best

Good point. I have come across a few late 16s that I’m considering but don’t want endless glitches.

How much of discount over a comparable mid 17 would you recommend for it to be worthwhile to take say a late 16 AP2 X ?

Do you know if the new sensors they added would be retrofittable to an older model?

Last edited:
Good point. I have come across a few late 16s that I’m considering but don’t want endless glitches.

How much of discount over a comparable mid 17 would you recommend for it to be worthwhile to take say a late 16 AP2 X ?

Do you know if the new sensors they added would be retrofittable to an older model?

AP2 came mid 2017, not aware of 2016 AP2s...the 90d also had some well documented issues on degradation so would do research here before looking at that battery ....my understanding is that most of the FWD fixed can be retrofitted ...