Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aodhan AFF7 Foreged Wheels on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Aodhan AH02's 19x9.5 +22 245/40/19...these tires feel good and yes it's a baby stretch
SYL_2308.jpg

Sure, I am not running spacers as these are 19x8.5 +35. I didn't want too aggressive of a look and wanted to keep the splashing to a minimum as I do live in the Pacific Northwest (rains a lot). The tires are PSAS4 245/40/19. I wanted to go a little bigger for a tad more comfort and not stretch the tires too much. I thought the 235 on 8.5 was a bit stretched. I have accounted for the large diameter in the increase in wh/m as well.
Thanks for the information. That's the setup I'm leaning towards, 19x8.5 +35 with 245/40/19s on stock suspension. Also don't want anything too aggressive as I won't be lowering the car. Now I just need to confirm they'll fit a M3P.

Reactions: gotoma8
Thanks for the information. That's the setup I'm leaning towards, 19x8.5 +35 with 245/40/19s on stock suspension. Also don't want anything too aggressive as I won't be lowering the car. Now I just need to confirm they'll fit a M3P.
Those will fit a P with no issues. What makes you think they wouldn't? 18s may/may not have fitment issues.

Last edited:
Those will fit a P with no issues. What makes you think they would? 18s may/may not have fitment issues.
Read something in another thread about the hubs and the rotors on M3Ps are a bit different. Guess I can use hubcentric rings if it comes down to that.

1) There is a small (about 3mm) step in the hub so you either need a supplier who can safely engineer a small machined lip into the wheel hub centre bore, or you need to use a custom hub ring and/or a spacer. Personally, although I’ve been assured by many that it is done all the time (and I fully believe that), I just didn’t want to have to worry about Tesla service or my local tire swap giving me a hard time about the hub rings or spacers (or forgetting to put them on, losing them, etc). If you know your shop really well, this shouldn’t be an issue but there are just too many times that I have someone new doing a tire swap for me or doing post-warranty service work that requires removing the wheels.

2) There is also a screw that holds the rotor on that protrudes so you need a wheel that has large enough backside hub cavities to accommodate the screw. I’m told the screw can be removed and the rotor would be held on by the wheel but again I didn’t want to have to deal with that so looked for a wheel that would have a guaranteed “direct fit”

Reactions: Park2670
Didn't realize there was a thread for this wheel specifically, but I installed mine back in March and have had zero issues.

19x9.5 +35 w/ 265/35/19 Firestone Indy 500's
Lowered on H&R springs, switching to coilovers very soon though. I think the car sits a bit too high still. View attachment 831535
View attachment 831536
I have the 19x8.5+35, was going to go with the larger 19x9.5, but decided not to. Have 245/40/19 tires on them. Was going to lower it but decided that since it's not strictly a street car and my wife also drives it, I'd better stay away as I can see it bottomming out when she's driving and isn't careful.

Your set up looks great!

Reactions: DVM17
Have no idea what my before averages were since I swapped them 2days after I got the car.
If I'm normal driving around town with flat roads, I'm seeing about 275. If I'm on the freeway doing the normal 75-80mph, I'm seeing 310ish. They are typically inflated to 40-42psi.

Reactions: S2K_MoZo
Have no idea what my before averages were since I swapped them 2days after I got the car.
If I'm normal driving around town with flat roads, I'm seeing about 275. If I'm on the freeway doing the normal 75-80mph, I'm seeing 310ish. They are typically inflated to 40-42psi.
Thanks! That is pretty good mileage either way. I'm just happy it's mostly plug and play, and I won't have to deal with them huge wheels bending and cracking. Ordered the wheels and centric rings. Gotta order TPMS and tires next.

I've had them on since last November with no issues. I did hub rings just to be safe, but the shop said they weren't doing much.

20x9 squared with OEM tires.

They look great! I have 19x8.5s on mine and love them. The finish could be better, but for the price, wow. Also, the hub rings are important to center the wheels to the hub, otherwise, you are centering it using the 5 bolts, not ideal, but it can be done.

Reactions: HORN HIGH ACES