TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP 1 issue

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by kort677, Mar 12, 2017.

1. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I have been having an issue with activating the auto steer in my car with AP1.
    it seems that, mostly at night, that the car is not seeing the road markings and autosteer is not allowing activations. Sometimes I'll get a brief indication that I can turn the system on but just as quickly the car looses the lines and I cannot activate.
    I am guessing that I may have a bad sensor.
    Any ideas?

2. Tomnook

Tomnook Member

Could be condensation blocking part of the camera's view. I had this with an S P90D during winter always in the evening/night when the temperature dropped. Seemed to just resolve itself in the end. Local SC suggested the possibility of condensation.
    Next time it happens you could make a note of the date, precise time and your speed and send to the SC for tech support to check your log for clues.

3. kort677

kort677 Active Member

thanks but it was mid 60's here last night and there wasn't any sort of condensation. I find that this issue is more prevalent when it dark out.

4. Tomnook

Tomnook Member

Might be worth reporting to the SC anyway and making a note of times etc. as I suggested - they pulled lots of data from mine when I had the problem so maybe they'll see something that's easy to rectify. Good luck! ;)