Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP 1 what am I missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing some self driving features available on newer models? My 2016 with AP1 is wonderful. The only annoyance is having to tug at the steering wheel every so often.
The car is coming up on 4 years and 50,000 miles. The extended warranty was purchased. The local service center has fixed every issue quickly. My plan is to keep it until the warranty expires in 4 years unless there is a compelling reason to get a new X.

I would not worry about the new AP features or the entertainment fluff but the new Raven suspension is absolutely a monumental upgrade. It is truly world class.

I would not worry about the new AP features or the entertainment fluff but the new Raven suspension is absolutely a monumental upgrade. It is truly world class.
At this point I hope I can get 4 more years until warranty expires. It is still a nice car and a pleasure to drive but who wants to drive, I hope I live to see real self driving where I can just say take me there/wherever and wake up when the ride is over.

How much could you sell it for?

KBB gives me 62k for trade in and 66-72k for private sale. Owe about 50k on it, though I did also get it wrapped.

I figure I’ll soldier through the rest of the winter and then pick up a lease on a new one if a good deal pops up. I think I’m done buying into obsolescence with Tesla.

I’m worried the longer I wait, the more this car depreciates, I end up underwater and I’m screwed.