Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP 2.0 and Autosteer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a new Model X with AP 2.0 hardware. The most recent software update in the car is v8.0(2.50.180).
I seem to have no access to Autosteer capabilities at all.
It seems that others have mentioned this problem but I cannot find the threads.
Has everyone with the new hardware and version 8.0 software lost the autosteer capabilities?
Thanks.
No Autosteer.jpg

Just received a new Model X with AP 2.0 hardware. The most recent software update in the car is v8.0(2.50.180).
I seem to have no access to Autosteer capabilities at all.
It seems that others have mentioned this problem but I cannot find the threads.
Has everyone with the new hardware and version 8.0 software lost the autosteer capabilities?
Thanks.
View attachment 211675
You have the "shadow AP" version. Next update will enable TACC and limited auto steer.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100

You didn't lose it. We, AP2 cars, never had any AP capabilities. 2.50.180 is what most of us received from OTA update from last week, and it was in shadow mode. Elon tweeted about it.

The latest AP2 firmware that just started going out last night is 17.3.2. I got mine 5:52am this morning and it has TACC and low speed Autosteer added.

Got the 17.3.3 update today that enables low speed auto steer. No way to test it: all the freeways here go 65+ and I'd be a hazard to drive under 45! Tried Scottsdale Road (3 lanes each way with divider) but that is not a "freeway" per Tesla's database..... so couldn't activate auto steer.

TACC with this update is freaking phenomenal tho!

Used Autosteer yesterday for about 100 miles after receiving the 17.5.28 update. I noticed that when the highway bends to the right and there is an exit at that bend, the car drove unto the exit on three different occasions. This happened in areas where I had not driven with Austosteer before. When I drove past these exits again, the car continued on the highway as it should.
Also noticed that the speed of Autosteer has been upgraded from 45mph to 50mph.
upload_2017-2-7_5-26-39.png

upload_2017-2-7_5-27-34.png