TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AP 2.0 Q

Discussion in 'Model S' started by scottflys, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scottflys

scottflys Member

So I got mine to work driving on this hwy a few days ago pretty good. Seemed to be searching in the lane a bit but I didn't use it very long.
    Driving around town where it won't engage I can see the AP looking at the lanes but they are almost wobbly on the animated screen in front of the car. In fact they are still animated when I'm at a stop. Is this normal?

2. xsi123

xsi123 Member

Known issue:

Tesla’s new Enhanced Autopilot has a known bug causing wobbly road lines on the instrument cluster

• Informative x 3
  3. Hrhkee

Hrhkee Doing research. Brb

Mine did this today. Had to seize control and steer it the correct way. Was a bit jarring. 75/85 south in Atlanta, far right exit lane to 20W, car doing 40Mph started following cars to left as road curved to the right. Lines in dash wobbling left.

Also, in 35 MPh zone changing to 45mph zone , car stayed 35mph.

On Highway auto speed at 70mph max set to 75mph but after combination of auto speed up auto slowdown, car stayed at 70mph.

Don't know why.
    Thinking of getting an in car camera.

4. xsi123

xsi123 Member

This is a limitation of the autopilot system (as it works today). It is clearly stated in the manual. You have to pull and hold the cruise control switch for a second in order to adjust to the new speed limit.

• Informative x 2
  5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Because the car isn't supposed to change the TACC speed on its own. That's a feature that has not been implemented yet.

• Informative x 1
  6. martin.p

martin.p Member

7. Hrhkee

Hrhkee Doing research. Brb

Thx guys. Just can't wait for it to read the speed limit signs and behave accordingly.

8. Phoenixhawk101

All in good time. It's a fun ride so just sit back and watch the upgrades change your car for the better.

• Like x 1